User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: I'm still here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still here.

I haven't posted for a while now and that's due to me having to have a shoulder operation in early November. Rotator cuff surgery if that means anything to you. I have had my right arm in a special type of sling since then and it finally comes off on Thursday ............. unless one of the straps just happens to accidently break the day before which is quite on the cards .
    When I do get it out I am limited to lifting the weight of a cup of coffee for a while and even then it will be hard just to lift my hand high enough to reach my mouth, so it will still be a few weeks ? before I can use my camera again . I have an idea I might be getting a nice new macro lens from Mrs Claus .......... and I won't even be able to play with it
    Such is life. I will stop complaining now because I realise there are lots of people out there wishing they only had my sore shoulder like mine.
    Mick.

http://www.pbase.com/guzziev

Canon 7D, Canon 15 - 85 mm, Canon EF 70 - 300mm L lens, Canon 100mm macro L lens, Canon 430EXII flash, Fancier tripod, Lowepro 190 camera bag, Canon RC6 remote shutter release, Yong Nuo flash trigger and receiver.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mick.
    Must be a pain as well as feeling sore not being able to do all that stuff.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee Mick.. You are lucky. I have had a Rotor Cuff injury for the fourth year now. Still can't sleep properly, fingers go numb every now and then. Have to be real careful lifting. Have trouble combing my hair. Holding the camera in a portrait position is a real biatch.
    But as I'm over 40 and don't play sport, I don't get to have the op. Just went for a full bone scan (Another problem) All the technician could talk about is the Rotor Cuff decease.

So I know how you feel.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope it all works out for you Mick.
    And remember, you've got a left arm and tripod.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geoff, I was like that before the op and now it hurts more and I can't even quite touch my nose while standing up straight ...... at this stage. I had the other shoulder done 6 years ago and it all feels the same as it did then, so I guess everything is going as planned. Being a 58 year old carpenter, I really need it to be working properly especially as I am right handed. The surgeon has me off work till the middle of March at this stage, but that could change between now and then too. I know what you mean about holding a camera in the portrait position ......... I was having a lot of trouble doing that before the op.
    As far as using a tripod and my left arm ............... tie your right arm behind your back and give it a go and then let me know how you get on !!

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick B View Post
    As far as using a tripod and my left arm ............... tie your right arm behind your back and give it a go and then let me know how you get on !!
    Yep, fair enough,