Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: calibrating New 27" Monitor for Editing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

calibrating New 27" Monitor for Editing

Hi Everyone
    I am looking at buying an Asus VK278q monitor but want to be sure that they can be calibrated accurately.

Does anyone have one of these or know a good website about calibration?
    I don't know much about this area, but want to learn to set it up properly.

Thanx
    50D, 50 f/1.8, 24-105L, 70-200L f/2.8 IS 11, Understanding Wife
    Photos - Panoramio - Flickr -

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. - John Barrymore -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No reason it should'nt Calibrate properly , Seems a little expensive for a TN Screen, Have a look at this one Kym bought , IPS is better for editing http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...r-reproduction
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so you need to buy a calibrator. Xrite or Spyder seem to be the most popular and reliable. These things are a device (the Spyder looks a bit like a mouse) that plug into a USB port on your computer and measure the colour output from your monitor. You put them on you screen and the supplied program displays different shades of Red, Green, Blue, and White, Grey and Black while the calibration sensor measures the output. Industry standard settings when calibrating are generally 6500 Kelvin at 2.2 gamma. Brightness levels settings are dependant on ambient light levels, and the output power of individual monitors but it is recommended you do not have strong light sources like open windows in the same room. If you are serious about calibration then also look at other monitors in a slightly higher price range. The monitor you have suggested is being compared to the Dell U2711 in online reviews, albeit at twice the price.
    D7000, D300, Nikkor 50mm F1.4D, Nikkor 18-200mm, Tokina 11-16mm F2.8, Sigma 8mm F3.5, SB800, 3x SB600

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys

the Asus VK278q monitor appears to be very cheap, thats why i thought i should ask if its up to being calibrated.
    I read about the TN screen versus better types but assumed the others are much more expensive.........

Will look into the IPS and the Dell u2711
    Thanks