Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet there are a duplicates and a lot of duds in that.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you'd be spot on with the duds Peter haha
    Lloyd
    Canon 5D2+40D+L+Σ+S100
    Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    love to know how they estimate 4%
    Pentax K-5iis, DA* 50-135 IF SDM | Sigma 18-125 3.5-5.6 | Sigma 70-210 4-5.6 |Sigma 28-80 3.5-5.6 Macro |Pentax-FA 28-80 3.5-4.7 |Pentax A 50 1.7 |Pentax DA 12-24 | Pentax DAL 55-300|Sigma 28-300 3.5-6.3 and other stuff

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be pretty easy, just plot the graph back to start of photography to current using growth rates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like posting my pics on facebook. I find it an issue of trust. Facebook has too much a history of bending privacy rules. I cannot help wondering what facebook will one day do with those 4% of 70 billion photos!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, lets specualate that the worse happens and they now allow say getty or themselves to create a giant stock agency and start selling them ?

so ? how is that likely to effect me - surely it would be like flickr now, an opt in thing with a % of a sale going back to me

the alternatives i really cant see happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    80% of that 70 billion will be 14 year olds posing in the bathroom with duck lips so big whoop.

but in all seriousness that is rather huge.

on a side note, would that be 4% of photos ever uploaded or shared, since it would not be possible to count the ammounts of photos taken and then deleted or never shared online?
    Last edited by Cyza; 15-12-2011 at 11:22am. Reason: sudden spark of brilliance
    Canon 60D - 24-105 F4 L - Sigma 10-20 - Kit lenses - 50mm F:1.8 - Tamron 90mm F:2.8 Macro - 430 exII _ Extension Tube Set

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dare I say, that's 4% of the worlds photography not worth looking at, unless you're interested in drunken gurning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by junqbox View Post
    Dare I say, that's 4% of the worlds photography not worth looking at, unless you're interested in drunken gurning.
    I have a lot of my photography photos on facebook, I have a facebook photography page that I use separately from my own profile. I share that out to people at Cosplay events, car events, etc. Just a spot people can freely look and leave feedback or share around! It's worked nicely so far for me.

On my own profile I have a lot of photos from parties as a central spot for my friends to get them/see them/whatever. So yeah, they'd be part of the 4% you can easily say aren't worth looking at (if you weren't involved in the events).

But I know of quite a number of talented people who share their photos on portfolio pages on facebook, it's a good way to get yourself out there to people you both do and don't know! Doesn't cost you anything, is all set up ready to go after a few clicks!

Just like Flickr.
    Just, I'm sure Flickr doesn't destroy the quality of the photos like facebook does LOL!
    I'm yet to delve in to Flickr myself

Decided to "shave" my signature ;]
    Now mostly shoots with: Canon 5D MK3 & Canon 24-70 f/2.8/50mm f/1.8 (also have a 550D with a variety of lenses/goodies and a Sony Nex-5N)
    PP with: Lightroom only, Photoshop is merely a 9-5 work tool for me.