Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caity View Post
    Each time I try to focus to close on anything with my basic lens it just won't focus enough too close, so would a Macro lens be a good investment as I love taking detailed shots...and would like to improve my photos more.

Cheers

Caity

Macro lenses aside, if you are just interested in getting closer to your subject with standard lenses have a look at extention tubes. I have a set of Kenko tubes - 3 off 12mm 24mm & 36mm (from memory). They do limit your focusing range but great for getting closer to your subject.
    cheers
    andy smylie

“It’s not the subject that you are photographing – it’s the light that is falling on the subject. That’s what’s important..” Vincent Versace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Smylie, try some ext tubes. I've used them on a 70-200 with wonderful results. Manual focus only takes practice.

Best regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Caity I use a 90mm tamron macro lens on my D5000 and also on my D7000 and its terrific and a hell of a lot cheaper than the nikon macro flicker has a group dedicated to this lens . I'd suggest that you go there and check them out look at the results and see what the users have to say.
    steve
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/tamronsp90/

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Steve. I appreciate your advice... I checked out a few photos on that Flickr site and they look amazing. Also great info on the auto focus motor etc which I was interested in. Thanks once again I shall keep this one in mind when I can get around to making a purchase. This seems to be most helpful advice so far with the photos for examples etc. cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12