Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Dear Electricity Company,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Electricity Company,

Dear Electricity Company,
    There is just the slightest possibility that my husband may have read a little too much into your letter stating our trees are too close to the powerlines. Unfortunately, they're now too close to the ground.

Yours Sincerely,
    Mrs Ezookiel.

Never tell a man with a chainsaw that his tree is too close to the powerlines.
    The result may be environmental devastation.
    Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No Apricots this summer!.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or for the next couple of summers probably
    No great loss. They're the wrong kind to dehydrate (they end end up bitter). And they all come ripe so fast, that there is only so much jam you can make before you end up wading around the yard in decomposing apricot slush, and that's after giving buckets and buckets of them away to everyone you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, not a professional... You can tell.
    I would have cut off more.

Today I'm a tree surgeon.
    Last edited by jwheat65; 10-12-2011 at 9:17pm.
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentax K10D | Pentax MZ5n | Pentax ME | Pentax 50 1.4 | Sigma 28-70 2.8 | Tamron 70-200 2.8 | Pentax AF360FGZ | Canon Speedlite 540EZ

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwheat65 View Post
    I would have cut off more.
    I'm with John, it would help with future pruning. Not much fruit next year, but heaps the year after.
    So now someone in the family needs to learn two things. How to prune apricot trees and how to make apricot jam, neither of which take long in the scheme of things.
    We've started making unique labels each year and giving people jars of home made apricot jam for Christmas. People seem to love the personal touch (and the jam). Sure beats spending money on things people don't need or use.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were the Electricity Company safety inspector, I'd be less worried about the tree and more worried about the fact that this pole looks as tho it's close to 45° to vertical.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. Yes, I straightened the photo using the pole, but our land is sloped, and so is the neighbours, but going by the rooflines, I'd say I may have screwed up the straighten a wee bit.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezookiel View Post
    .... I'd say I may have screwed up the straighten a wee bit.
    lens was 18-200mm which will give a lot of perspective distortion, even a straight 18mm prime will do this, but in a different manner, but that's not the point.

It'll be hard to correct with simple straightening because you've 'looked up' with the lens and what this does is give you converging straight lines.

To correct this properly you would find a mid ground level point(using a horizontal line) and then use a distortion correction too to straighten the perspective distortion in the converging verticles.

I know PS has this feature(but have never used it). Doing so also loses some of the periphery of the image and a loss in IQ to boot.