User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  14

Thread: Not My Issue!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not My Issue!!

Don't you just love it when people try to hold you responsible for their own shortcomings!

A close friend of mine asked me on Sunday if it was possible to pass my number on to a work colleague to get some family pics done!
    Sure..........I have no issue with that!

Monday I received a call but missed it and had absolutely no time to get back to them that day. I work 12-14 hr shifts in the Afternoon/Night bracket.
    Not much time for sleeping at the best of times.

I received a text from my friend Tuesday morning (waking me up) dissapointed that I had not returned the call to her friend, but could I please do their photos on Friday the 16th in the morning 40kms away from my home.
    I replied absolutely not and I doubted that I had time this side of xmas to get this done.
    To which I got back " Oh but I thought you understood that it was for xmas presents, and she 'needs' them done ASAP"..........excuse me, lol

I don't recall any mention of that because I surely would have said no immediately!

It always amazes me at this time of year that people like to apportion blame to third parties for their lack of organization.
    Sorry ladies............not my issue to resolve! There were 11 other months this year that you could have got this done.
    I have my own agenda to take care of............thanks anyway.

Now I have my friend to contend with, because she is upset and I would imagine embarrassed and has taken it personally.

Ah well...............here's my camera...........off you go, you can take them if it means that much to you.

This my friends is why I begrudgingly deal with people photo's!!!
    That's my vent for the day
    Cheers and Happy Shooting
    Cindy

Canon 7D, 50mm, 100mm Macro
    Olympus E-30, 9-18mm, 14-54mm, 50-200mm
    Photoshop CS5

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Family and friends can often be the most demanding. haha.

Good work in sticking to your guns.

Whilst we're having a whinge, my own kids are just as non understanding at times.
    Recently while editing some christmas photos of my grandson, my youngest daughter came over and started holding her phone up to my monitor wanting to take a picture of to put on her facebook. No, was the firm answer. You're not putting that sort of junk photo about the place, wait until they're ready.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! People hey! Feel better now!
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL............good for you!!

It's hard for people to get where we come from sometimes. This is my hobby and I am very passionate about it......I get sick and tired of people saying 'but think of the money'............what ruddy money? Unless you want to go budget, they don't want to do it and then they want the million dollar shoot on the 5 cent budget!

I have a job to earn money and pay for my Photography habit...............I do what I love for me!!
    This is my time and my agenda........don't like it, don't ask!

Im with you Art..........don't destroy my 'picture' by displaying it via a cheaper pixelated version

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Roo...................I do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, lots of friends want that magazine glamour look, with the free or 5c budget..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Family and friends can often be the most demanding. haha.
    And Boat owners (please don't tell them I said that) This time of year can really bring out the worst in some people and yet can also bring out the best in others.
    Canon 50D - Zuiko 28/2.8 50/1.8 100/2.8 - Tokina 11-16/2.8

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give them an inch and they want the rest of the street!

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terry.langham View Post
    And Boat owners (please don't tell them I said that)
    Too late, I am one and I already heard it.

And yes, xmas holidays is a good time to stay off the major waterways & boat ramps-- which I do all year round anyway. I can't handle crowds. Especially crowds of dim wits.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If she is a good friend, she will get over it. I have that all the time, but I say allow 4-6 weeks for processing and people know now. I usually taken 2/3, but you do need time, but I have noticed some have left it to the last minute and want them for their albums etc. for Christmas.
    Shelley
    (constructive criticism welcome)

www.shelleypearsonphotography.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't call this the silly season for nothing!

My company is in the leathergoods business, and we used to do a lot of custom made stuff for corporates and such, which entailed making custom made things like folders, bags, cases, leather desk sets and many other items out of leather and synthetics.
    Usually, during September and October we'd be getting lots of enquiries from companies wanting custom made gifts for their clients with their logos and special colours etc on them.
    But we would often get companies ring us on the 22nd December to get 50 custom made items made up to their design for delivery before Xmas!
    It's not only people that can't organise themselves but large companies too.

Mind you, this looks to be a very poor Xmas this year as we haven't had even one enquiry for custom made stuff for Xmas.

One of my customers was the PR company for Toyota, and whenever they were releasing a new car, they would buy lots of custom made stuff to give to important customers and the motoring press. Toyota has now cut back severley on these gifts, and the motoring press are now lucky to get a cheap pen with the new model car emblazoned on it now.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When doing go kart meetings I always tell everyone 2-3 weeks and the shots will be on the website for viewing but I still get calls within 2-3 days wanting me to send them shots of their kart I had one the other week try to rush me by saying they had a large order ready and wanted to see shots from the last meeting to add to the order for Christmas. As I was almost ready to upload to the website I told them they would be up later that day, Surprisingly the large order has not eventuated.
    Last edited by Speedway; 08-12-2011 at 7:10pm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was on a laminated sheet in a place I once worked:

"A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine"

A good motto to follow I reckon!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)