I consider myself quite a tolerant person and try to understand whether others are coming from.

But, I just had a recent photography session, which left me quite exhausted and the stress caused me back spasms when I got home and quite uptight not knowing what to do with myself until the next day.

A young lady wanted me take some shots of her special day, supposed to be a very quiet wedding with no other people in the party other than the groom and some shots of family groups. Yeah, I can do that getting married at 2pm and time for a photoshoot afterwards. Week before wedding time changed to 12pm (aah, cannot cancel, oh well go with the flow and do my best). Emailed and explained the light would be an issue, but did not want to let them down. She was hard to pin down to meet, in the end I said I would not do the shoot, if I did not meet with them - so a quick meet week before the day.

Arrived on the big day, she said she would be dressed by 11.30, leaving at 11.50 I had to leave before them to get to the park. Ok, did the dress, macros on rings flowers etc. couple of the bride and the bridesmaid now in the wedding party. Just before I was leaving, she said "you need to be finished by 1.30pm "what, your getting married at 12 (she obviously would arrive late), I wont get shots, you said that we could go until 3.30-4ish" "that is it, there is another wedding there".

I left, was thirsty as (it was very hot) trying to get out of the suburb to head to the park - kept counting to myself saying "its okay Shelley, stay cool, turn the air conditioning on".

It gets worse - she was not interested in posing, kept moving away, wouldn't tuck her head in when I told her - I stopped for a minute and contemplated walking away. I had an assistant, who is very good in organising and arranging people for me, she was flabbergasted by the whole situation. I wont go into further detail. I quickly looked at my photos, and I do have some nice shots, but I know I could have done so much better.

I learned something - I will definitely lay out my terms for big events and if they choose not to use me, then that is fine by me.

But, also why did she want a photographer? Have you been in a situation, without naming, obviously that is beyond your control, would you have walked away.