Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: help with canvas low res ?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help with canvas low res ?

I uploaded a image to canvas company and when i did it it said low resolution warning not sure why as i used canon 5d mk2 uploaded a jpeg.Not sure if settings on camera were right etc.
    this is image
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Canon5D MK III,Canon 6D,Canon 17-40 L ,Canon 24-70 MKIIL , [/COLOR],Canon 70-200MkII L ,Sigma Fisheye 15mm 2.8 ,Canon 2xMk3 Extender, 430EX11 Flash , Lee Big Stopper & Other Lee Filters.
    Manfrotto 055XPROB + 322RC2 + MBAG80P.
    Critique is allways welcome, Any help and advise will allways be appreciated.

davidwalkerphotography.net

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The image will have been assessed by a couple of factors :-

The pixel dimensions, length X width

The file size in megabytes

If you have heavily cropped it and or saved it anything less than the highest quality jpeg setting and expect to print it and a large size, for example, 60 inches long then the software at the printers end will tell you that you might not get optimal quality from the end print.

Let us know what the X & Y measurements in pixels are and the physical size in megabytes. Your 5D II with its megapixel yield should be fine for large prints at least to 60 inches on canvas if the image isn't cropped heavily or saved at low resolution.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's more likely that you have to upload a slightly different way to get your full res photo uploaded ...we had the same issue and found that during a normal upload it does a compress to upload faster but for larger canvas it would give the low res warning

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk
    Pentax K-5iis, DA* 50-135 IF SDM | Sigma 18-125 3.5-5.6 | Sigma 70-210 4-5.6 |Sigma 28-80 3.5-5.6 Macro |Pentax-FA 28-80 3.5-4.7 |Pentax A 50 1.7 |Pentax DA 12-24 | Pentax DAL 55-300|Sigma 28-300 3.5-6.3 and other stuff