[top]Need Help with Lenses

I am in ther market for a new dslr and think that I am getting the Canon 60D. I am starting a photography course at the start of next year and am just trying to purchase the camera and some suitable lenses.

I was originally going to get one of the camera lens kits (either the 60D that comes with the Canon EF-S 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 IS or the 60D that comes with the Twin kit with 18-55 II and 55-250mm IS Lens) however I think I have decided that I would rather get lenses that I actually want that have better features and aperture etc

Basically I want a Prime and a zoom to get started.

I was looking at the 50mm f1.8 prime as its cheap and every where I read people say its a great lens for the price and easy to learn with. However I had someone mention to me that The only problem is that a 50mm on a the cropped sensor of the 60D makes it look more like a longer 85mm lens? and suggested the 28mm f/2.8 instead?

My aim in the "future" is to do portrait photos of kids/adults/families both indoors with lighting setup and outdoors of kids etc.

Here are some of the lenses which have been on my list:

Basically just gotta see how much im up for as to which aperture I get
50mm (either in the F1.4 or the F1.8)
28mm (either in the F1.8 or the F2.8)

In regards to Zoom's
Tamron 28-75 F2.8
Canon 15-85 F3.5-5.6
Tamron 17-50mm F2.8
Canon 28-135mm F3.5-5.6

Help Help Im so confused, If you could please tell me what you would get or some advise I would greatly appreciate it! im willing to spend up to about 600 on the zoom.

Just really want some good stuff to start of with so im not wanting to upgrade straight away