Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Sony Viao Z series or similar

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sony Viao Z series or similar

Hi, I need a new notebook. I very much like the look of the Z series Viao as it has a screen that covers 96% of the Adobe rgb. This notebook needs to be very portable and I need to be editing on the road as I send my images to clients as soon as the days events are finished.
    I really cannot Justify the $4000 pricetag though. Does anybody know of anything similar? Not keen on a mac as a mac with the same specs is only $250 cheaper.

I do have a dell screen in the office that I use to do my editing if i am to be printing.

Any help or advice (Good or bad) will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter

I don't know, this is a photography forum

Perhaps share some pictures and since you've been a member since 2008 participate and help other members ?
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate,
    That is exacly why I have posted the question here.... I agree, it is a photography forum and unfortuanetly computers play a massive part in processing an image these days.
    Maybe with an answer like that, it could be the reason why I have not posted since 2008.
    Anyway as requested here is a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good photo :-)

Re the laptop, I still don't know

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't help with specifics, but if the laptop is as critical to you as you suggest, is it really that hard to justify ??

I have never found it hard to justify critical equipment, even managed to justify some that was not critical
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finding a laptop with a high quality screen that covers anywhere near aRGB is going to cost you, as you found out with the one you like @ $4k. If you want cheaper you are going to have to forego something, whether that be a lesser quality screen or other. Really it up to you to find what suits your needs.

As for the photo, it is well done, but we cannot critique photos that are not in the Critique Forums.

And for your reply :
    Maybe with an answer like that, it could be the reason why I have not posted since 2008.
    Perhaps if you did join in, as this is a FORUM, which by definition is about INTERACTION, then you would have no reason to be asked to post some photos etc. If you don't like that members want you to GIVE as well as take from the site, I am happy to close your account.
    Last edited by ricktas; 26-11-2011 at 2:10pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography