User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Wireless remote flash control for Sony.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wireless remote flash control for Sony.

Site sponsor Phottix has released a wireless flash trigger with the correct flash hotshoe to suit Sony / Minolta cameras and flashes.

If you want to purchase one, don't forget to click through the advertiser banner to support Ausphotography.

www.phottix.com

makers of wired and wireless remotes, geotagging systems, batteries and battery packs,
    studio accessories and more for your camera, flash systems, and photography.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have purchased a set of these units and received this week but unfortunately "the Boss" has decided that they are to be wrapped up and put under the tree so now need to wait another week or so before I can start playing with them. Defeats Phottix's excellent service and speedy delivery. The product looks the goods and even comes with batteries, woo-hoo.
    CC always welcome and appreciated.
    Tweaks welcome but please add how and why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought 3 over Christmas and have used them a few times this year. I bought 1 trigger/receiver, 1 sony receiver, and 1 canon receiver. I have 2 minolta/sony flashes and got the 3rd as a generic shoe so I could open up the possibilities of using alternate flashes, I would only envisage using a 3rd mainly in a studio setting and since they're all studio compatible I thought it was fine to get the 3rd receiver as a Canon mount. I confirmed from Phottix that the Sony Trigger would still fire the Canon receiver - I haven't tested it yet though. I have had the odd misfire with them (ie it just didn't fire the flash), but they work 99% of the time. I'm very happy with them so far...

Craig