Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back focus to heck and back on 60D

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's back, and with only a really quick couple of tests it seems to be much better.
    I have a hand held low light shot of a focus chart that isn't worth posting here, but does show a big improvement.

The only other photo I have to demonstrate the apparent improvement is this shot taken yesterday in really difficult conditions.
    This lizard ran up to a pool, took a drink, then ran off to a gap in a fence in a tight little corner.
    With wet hands I didn't change settings so it was badly overexposed and took a lot of saving in PP.

Auto focus point says it was on the top left corner of the eye, and that's near enough to where I had it aimed at the time I took the shot (I'd aimed for the eye), but to me the neck seems to be more in focus, but at this crop level, that would only be out by mm's from where the red square is, and is at least at approximately the same depth as the point I'd aimed the red dot.

I'll post some proper focus chart images soon, but so far I'm much happier with it.

Yarrangobilly Jan 2012_023a.jpg
    Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is good news.
    Reg

Camera: Canon 70D. Lens: Canon EF-s 18-55mm is, Canon 15-85 is, Canon 50mm 1.4. Canon 100-400mm, EF, IS, F4.5 - 5.6
    I am new to DSLR.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/regau

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Reg.

BTW. I didn't point out that in that photo above, that lizard is barely the size of a man's little finger. He was a tiny little bub of a thing. So for the 18-200mm to make him look that good, Id forgive it for having the neck more in focus than the face given the position I was scrunched into to even see him, let alone take a shot of him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12