User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Neck Strap do you use ? Pros and Cons ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Neck Strap do you use ? Pros and Cons ??

Hi all

Wanted to get some advice on which neck strap you use ? Why do and dont you like about it ?

I am looking at getting a crumpler discrage anyone using this ?

Kylie

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you want to get the best, get a Black Rapid R-strap : http://www.blackrapid.com/
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick could be right here although I have the Loepro voyager C and it`s good except that I tend to sweat a bit and it gets soaked.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally don't use any strap, unless I have to walk for some distance and I don't want to carry a bag with me.
    I find that straps just get in the way as most of my work is done on a tripod.

However, if I go to the zoo, or somewhere where I need to carry the camera only, I have a Black Rapid (RS5 I think) and I reckon it is terrific.
    The strap is screwed on to the tripod mount, so it is safe and secure, and it hangs by your side very comfortably, and I've used it with my 100-400L quite a few times, and hardly even notice the camera is even there.
    Not only is it comfortable, but because the camera hangs upside down, it is really quick to grab and take photos without anything rubbing and chaffing your neck, unlike other straps I've used in the past.
    The litle pockets on the shoulder can be quite usefull for carrying extra cards, batteries and filters too.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a neoprene wide neck strap.
    They are very comfortable.
    Cheap off ebay. Search 'neoprene camera neck strap" on ebay.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a Crumpler Singapore Sling (unavailable in Oz) - when I was in London. I've seen them on eBay before

Love that thing! Wouldn't change that for anything else (yet)

Very comfortable - was almost around my neck for 10hour days for a week around Manchester and London!
    Olympus E-30

Lenses:
    9-18mm f4-5.6
    14-54mm f2.8-3.5
    35mm f3.5
    70-300mm f4.0-5.6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the standard Nikon strap which I dont like, I like the concept of the Black Rapid but would be in constant fear about ripping out the tripod socket.
    Waiting on a train

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Optech pro loop XL x 2 + dual harness. Cheapish considering a set pro loop set delivered from fleabay costs about $20. Main strap bit is made of neoprene. Reason why i don't like the original straps + crumpler is that the edges are rough. Over long hours it may scratch/rope burn your neck skin which was an issue i experienced with the original.

I tried on a crumpler and it felt as if there was a possibility to do so as well. Don't like the camera hanging inverse idea of a black rapid and as well as it being almost double the price of a optech.

As for comfort wise, 70-200 f2.8 + 7D gripped feels easy for a few hours. 17-55 f2.8 + 7D gripped all day with ease. Neoprene does have a little bit of a suspension feel to it so depending on how you look at it, it may be advantageous or a disadvantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been using an Industry Disgrace for a few years now and love it. Nice around the neck and sits on the shoulder nicely.

Just bought a Convenient Disgrace but I'm yet to fit it.
    AKA Sean

Canon 5D MKII - 24-105L - 70-200 F4L IS - 70-300 IS USM - 28 1.8 - 35L 1.4 - 50 1.4 - 85 1.8 - 100L Macro - 200L 2.8II - Tamron 17-35 2.8 - Sigma 150-500 - 430EX - and a stack of other bits and pieces.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 Industry disgrace - went all over Europe with me.
    Regards
    John
    Nikon D750, Sigma 105mm OS Macro, Tokina 16-28 F2.8, Sigma 24-105 Art, Sigma 150-600C,
    Benro Tripod and Monopod with Arca plates

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black Rapid RS7, they also make a model that is shaped better to fit for women, would never go back to an around the neck strap again.
    You can get Chinese knock offs cheaper on EBay, I have a double from EBay, but the original is by far a better made item, worth every penny
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black Rapid is good but Sun Sniper Pro is better due to ball raced coupling. I use the dual strap version.

Best regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who would have thought there was such choice

Hmm now I do like the look of the Black rapid
    Cartel Imagery
    Flickr

Nikon D7000
    Sony a65
    Canon 5D MKII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a double camera slinger and have used it all around the world - very happy with it
    http://www.adorama.com/CZCSFDCS.html
    You can call me Jez

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Lowepro neoprene neck strap, but I don't use it; I don't like neck straps at all, as they get in the way and look unsightly.

Most of the time, my camera is tripod-mounted, for for hand-held photography I've managed for years without a strap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with John, I use the Canon strap that came with the camera, Thing is I never use it , I find them very uncomfortable , I usually wrap the strap around my Wrist and carry it , Or It's on the tripod while also holding the strap at the same time

PS : I do put it around my neck when hanging over a big cliff face or lookout , Thats just my Paranoria
    Last edited by William; 19-11-2011 at 4:43pm.
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow

Thanks all for the replies so many options to think about will be doing some more searching now !!

Cheers
    Kylie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the Black Rapid suggestion. I bought the one designed specifically for women and I absolutely love it!!! I will never use anything else again...a hint though...I went onto the australian site, then compared the price with the USA site...and with the currency conversion ( about 3-4 mths ago) it was about $15.00 cheaper to buy from the overseas shop...I did wait 2 weeks for delivery, but I think it was worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Black Rapid RS4. I brought it because I thought the wider strap would be more comfortable than the thinner RS7. I am on my second one, the first one started to come apart not long after I brought it, so I swapped it out for a new one where I purchased it (Bentley's). I hope I have more luck with number 2! It is still a far better way of carrying your camera out of the bag.
    Lloyd
    Canon 5D2+40D+L+Σ+S100
    Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want the rs 5, but finances won't allow it.
    I use just a normal neck strap, however it is a leopard print one and I think it looks pretty cool hehehe
    "I press buttons and hope for the best!"
    Check out my Flickr page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast