User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: PocketWizard TT1/TT5/AC3 - can they be use on both speedlite and Elinchom Ranger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PocketWizard TT1/TT5/AC3 - can they be use on both speedlite and Elinchom Ranger?

I am hoping someone who are having them and used both to give me some insight

My good friends are in HK now - I have this golden opportunity to get myself a set of PocketWizard TT1 and 3 x TT5 and the AC3 I have been dreaming about in the last 9 months!

While I know they are good for speedlite, (580EXII, 430EXII etc), can these be used on the Elinchom Ranger in the future? (I am going to get myself a set of RX A head)

Please let me know

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can buy a specific transmitter that works with Elinchrom you need to also buy an Elinchrom adapter for it to work with the Ranger though. The Pocket Wizard website has good documentation so have a look there. You might also just be able to use a TT5 with a 3.5mm jack, not sure what a Ranger has for syncing though.

Can I make a suggestion though, get all TT5's. The TT1 is nice and compact but the battery it uses is hard to find at times where as the TT5 is just 2 x AA's. the TT5 does all that the TT1 does and more.
    Last edited by mikec; 18-11-2011 at 3:04pm.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mikec... I didn't know TT5 can do what TT1 does. I thought TT5 only works if at least 1 TT1 is at present

My research skill has gone AWOL

Also realise with the PocketWizard, I can use TT5 with Ranger Quadra, but I have to use something call ST4 with the Ranger RX....

It's not that confusing isn't it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andylo View Post
    I can use TT5 with Ranger Quadra
    That's only with a 3.5mm jack from the TT5 to Quadra, I was thinking you might be able to do the same with the Ranger. I think that using a 3.5mm jack though that you loose the ability to control power from an AC3 or FEL on camera. Watch the tutorial videos on the pocketwizard websites they are very informative.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am actually watching the videos right now....

Call me skeptical, but I just don't think it is that easy.... (on the video, they make it too easy... almost unbelievable )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Powerst4 is the pw receiver you will need for Ranger RX.
    It works in conjunction with TT1 and TT5 and you can mix the light with speedlites, particularly if also using the AC3.

You will need the Elinchrom http://www.elinchrom.com/product/Ran...X-Adapter.html which is included if you bought the Ranger RX mew, otherwise about US$35.

I have been using this setup for a while now and synch speed is well above 1/2000 on Nikon D3 & D700.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Wayne.

I am going to get 4 x TT5 and 1 x AC3 now

Quite looking forward to it actually.