Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: 7D Error 20?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7D Error 20?

Hi all,

So, I purchased a Canon 7D approximately 3 months ago, and about a month and a half ago I kept getting an Error 20 which makes the shutter go spastic and the camera locks up. Happened a couple of times so I sent it off to the shop I got it from. They had it for a couple of weeks testing it and testing it and they couldn't recreate the error... so I took it home... It's been working fine for 3 weeks and this morning, the day of a wedding I'm shooting, it's happening again worse than ever and my 7D won't work!!!! Anyone else had this problem? If I can't fix it, I'll be back to my 1000D for this wedding... :-/

Thanks,

Christie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    I have a 5d mkii which has done the same thing, I would be packing it of to canon for repair, it should be under warranty. Error 20 is a mechanical error most likely to be the shutter box. It will most likely take up to a month to be repaired. Mine unfortunately was out of warranty and I am waiting for its return.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got that dreaded message on the 5dmkII after excessive moisture exposure in Iceland 2009 - cost 450 to fix ............
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export