User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  14
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your ultimate Canon Set up, Why ?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    so the DOF doesn't take into account the difference the TC makes? Why is that, I would have thought it would given the extra glass/length.

You might have misread my post.

If you wish to calculate the DoF using a DoF scale or program you DO take into account the Tele-extender:
    Note my text - “For the DoF calculations - you will have the equivalent of a 280mm (max.F/4) lens, mounted on an APS-H camera.”

Quote Originally Posted by Xenedis View Post
    On a 135-format . . . a 35 and an 85 nicely cover many situations

The Perfect "People Photos" pair, if limited to a light kit, of only two lenses (and shooting AL).

WW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenedis View Post
    Not that I do a lot of environmental portraiture, but when I do, I'm inclined to opt for my 35/1.4.

On a 135-format (D)SLR, it's just the right length to be wide enough to offer context, while not being too long to lose the story.

The wide aperture of my particular 35mm prime also makes it easy to nicely diffuse the background, and even at f/1.4 it's quite sharp.

It's about as general-purpose as a lens gets for me, and if I had to take only one lens for general opportunistic stuff, it's the lens I tend to take.

A 35 and an 85 nicely cover many situations, but for 'scaling (most of my photography), 16mm is it.

I agree, the 35L is my weapon of choice for a lot of my travel photography, and when it comes to wedding work its 35L and 85mm, woot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's because you have a job and can afford better glass than a nifty 50
    I was really just thinking of students...that said. I had forgotten that they'd all be using APSC's so it's a bit pointless really.
    maybe I should of said art students

Quote Originally Posted by JM Tran View Post
    William is right, Im a journalist, dont know any colleagues or travel writers using the 50mm length at all on FF or APSC cameras, but 24 and 35mm and teles are abundant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123