Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Give up smoking WELL WORTH A LOOK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give up smoking WELL WORTH A LOOK

How many of us smokers want to quit! Put your hands up
    How many of you have tried or heard of an electronic cigarette.
    I have tried Patches twice, the first time I gave up for three months but due to annual leave and heading bush with the lads for a week, drinking and just having a great time I gave in and started again.
    The second attempt I lasted nine months using patches once again. I found the initial couple of months easy but after going off the patches I started to have really bad anxiety with sleepless nights and anxiety attacks which lead me to smoking again and back into my normal routine.
    Anxiety runs in our family and I hate it and going without my nicotine just made it worse.
    Any how my cousin and I have purchased some E Sigs with an initial layout being a couple of hundred dollars and he has almost quit smoking which is fantastic for him as he has smoked for thirty+ years
    He has tried numerous ways of quitting and has never gone half a day without a smoke and in the last few weeks he has cut down to less than four smokes a day.
    In short you can still get your Nicotine fix by importing it from China or USA and adding it to a Glycerine based mix, which you put in the E sig, If you are interested I can supply the links to the best and cheapest sites to buy from.
    It is legal to import a three months supply of personal use nicotine and so far my cousin has received all that he has imported, with one lot opened by customs and still being cleared.
    I am still waiting for my nicotine to arrive and then I will give up too.
    Now before I get shot down let's just think about the damage that 4000 chemicals from smoking Tobacco can do!, So I think that vaporising a vegetable compound mixed with nicotine surely can't be as bad as Tobacco
    Would love some feedback from the more educated
    Canon 7d efs 15-85mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Nicon coolpix 5400

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have them at work. You can get them in any health centre that has a quit co-ordinator for about $18.00. The filter refills are pretty cheap as well.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffsta View Post
    We have them at work. You can get them in any health centre that has a quit co-ordinator for about $18.00. The filter refills are pretty cheap as well.
    Yeah tried them ones Jiffy but once you get into the finer details of smoking and the need for a throat kick you soon
    need something better.
    I recon for around $400.00 outlay, with the cost of the starter kit,Hmff a smoker would have a twelve months supply of smokes

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've given up trying to give them up.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    I've given up trying to give them up.
    LOL Not hard enough Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you thought about trying Champix, they work realy good. It stops your brain from wanting a nicotine fix. You need to ask your doctor for a script.
    The things you see when you dont have a camera.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane Pipe View Post
    LOL Not hard enough Mark
    How many of us smokers want to quit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fjoe45 View Post
    Have you thought about trying Champix, they work realy good. It stops your brain from wanting a nicotine fix. You need to ask your doctor for a script.
    Champix are not for everyone.

Many people react differently to whatever is in the tablets. Some have no reaction at all.

My wife described it as kickarse dreams and has been off the ciggies for a couple of years now. Me on the other hand had a bad reaction. I could feel that anger and rage building up in my arms and hands to the point where I was ready to explode. Now I'm the mellowest laidback person you'll ever meet and this was quite disturbing to me.

I've spoken to plenty of people and all have had varying reactions. Some good, some bad.

I'd love to quit. I've smoked a pack a day of Winne Red's for over 30 years and made the attempt to go back to Blues about 6 months ago which I've stuck with.

I'll have a look into this.
    AKA Sean

Canon 5D MKII - 24-105L - 70-200 F4L IS - 70-300 IS USM - 28 1.8 - 35L 1.4 - 50 1.4 - 85 1.8 - 100L Macro - 200L 2.8II - Tamron 17-35 2.8 - Sigma 150-500 - 430EX - and a stack of other bits and pieces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ausguitarman View Post
    Champix are not for everyone.

Many people react differently to whatever is in the tablets. Some have no reaction at all.

My wife described it as kickarse dreams and has been off the ciggies for a couple of years now. Me on the other hand had a bad reaction. I could feel that anger and rage building up in my arms and hands to the point where I was ready to explode. Now I'm the mellowest laidback person you'll ever meet and this was quite disturbing to me.

I've spoken to plenty of people and all have had varying reactions. Some good, some bad.

I'd love to quit. I've smoked a pack a day of Winne Red's for over 30 years and made the attempt to go back to Blues about 6 months ago which I've stuck with.

I'll have a look into this.
    My husband gave up by using Champix without any ill effect. I, however turned into a monster. So angry - I wanted to kill everyone. I quit Champix when I got really angry at my son for no reason and decided that I was better of smoking than being a monster. Also I felt constantly ill, like morning sickness that lasted all day. Definately not for me.
    Jodie

Gear - Canon EOS 7D, EOS 6D, 24-105 F4, 70-200 F2.8L IS, Canon EF 100mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20mm, nifty fifty, EF2xII, 580EX, 430EXII, EFx2 III and a long wishlist

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont like the sounds of the side affects from Champix
    I think the good thing about e sigs (vaping) is that you can make the nicotine as strong as you like and eventually drop the dose down to zero.
    The nicotine that I ordered is 36mg which I intend to dilute down to 12mg using Vegetable Glycerin, there are online calculators
    for mixing the ratios. there has been minimal study
    regarding e sigs and the harmful affects but IMHO it has to be less risky than tobacco.
    If you are interested I can post some links to online supply's

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just a reminder:

[24] Requesting/Providing Financial, Medical or Legal Advice on Ausphotography:

Australian Photography is a website with broad topic coverage. However, when it comes to medical, financial and legal advice, it's always recommended to seek advice from a qualified professional, rather than asking about it on Australian Photography. As such, Australian Photography takes no legal responsibility for posts seeking or providing Medical, Financial or Legal advice. Members use any advice provided via Ausphotography at their own risk. The site owner, moderators or members cannot be held liable for any Medical, Financial or Legal advice posted on the site.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem Rick. I think its a good alternative to smoking though. The government dose not like the idea and I think it is due to the fact that it will help people to quit, no smokers no tax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lung cancer cures smoking too

Even though I watched my grandfather die of it after smoking all his life I still smoked the bloody things until 10 years ago

Patches worked for me but what really works is the desire to give up in the first place

Duane, the government spends much much more on healthcare for smokers than it collects in tax, so, don't think for a second that it's the reason..... They don't want to lose your votes is the reason
    Last edited by kiwi; 13-11-2011 at 11:08am.
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No problem Rick. I think its a good alternative to smoking though. The government dose not like the idea and I think it is due to the fact that it will help people to quit, no smokers no tax
    I am not saying members cannot discuss it, just that they need to consider their own medical history etc, before embarking on a path that may not be suitable to them. Please continue to have the discussion, based on the fact that everyone is aware that medical advice presented on AP is the views and opinions of the member posting it, nothing more.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Lung cancer cures smoking too

Even though I watched my grandfather die of it after smoking all his life I still smoked the bloody things until 10 years ago

Patches worked for me but what really works is the desire to give up in the first place

Duane, the government spends much much more on healthcare for smokers than it collects in tax, so, don't think for a second that it's the reason..... They don't want to lose your votes is the reason
    Good point Darren I could imagine the cost of healthcare not only from smoking but also alcohol abuse. I also watched my uncle
    die from it too, he had worked hard his whole life to live his dream on 10 acres and 5 years in to his retirement he found that he had lung cancer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anybody tried Hypnosis to give up My partner has tried Patches, Champix all did'nt work , She had a stroke 2 weeks ago, So the family has her booked in for Hypno therapy as a last resort to quit ?
    Last edited by William; 13-11-2011 at 2:24pm.
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, not personally tried hypnosis, i know it helps some folk but but i think you need a receptive mind and will to quit still.

Acupuncture too might help

I still think if you really want to give up you will

I think nicotine replacement works but for me not a big bang approach, I started off with the highest dose patch but still snuck in a few ciggies but reduced each two days until I was ok on just the patch then repeated that process for the next step down in dose.

Took twice as long therefore as recommended but it worked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Acupuncture works for a lot of things , Thanks Darren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish the government would just remove them from sale.
    After 3 days of withdrawals we would all be happier !

I also beleive the key is in our will power to be determined to give them up.
    CC is welcomed & appreciated

5d Mark II

Photography by nature is spiritual, considering it comes from the darkness to show the light.
    - Kevin Russo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've allways wondered that as well Chilli, Just stop selling them !! BUT , Money is involved here
    Last edited by William; 13-11-2011 at 3:13pm.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast