Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: A pittance of Time - take the time to listen

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A pittance of Time - take the time to listen

[top]Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life, for friend

they shall grow not old...as we who are left grow old... age shall not weary them....Nor the years condemn...at the going down of the sun...and in the morning ...we will remember them...LEST WE FORGET
    Very moving video

Last edited by MarkChap; 11-11-2011 at 10:47am.
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

In Training
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the story behind the video

http://www.terry-kelly.com/pittance/pittance_en.htm

On November 11, 1999 Terry Kelly was in a drug store in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. At 10:55 AM an announcement came over the store’s PA asking customers who would still be on the premises at 11:00 AM to give two minutes of silence in respect to the veterans who have sacrificed so much for us.
    Terry was impressed with the store’s leadership role in adopting the Legion’s “two minutes of silence” initiative. He felt that the store’s contribution of educating the public to the importance of remembering was commendable.
    When eleven o’clock arrived on that day, an announcement was again made asking for the “two minutes of silence” to commence. All customers, with the exception of a man who was accompanied by his young child, showed their respect.On November 11, 1999 Terry Kelly was in a drug store in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. At 10:55 AM an announcement came over the store’s PA asking customers who would still be on the premises at 11:00 AM to give two minutes of silence in respect to the veterans who have sacrificed so much for us.
    Terry was impressed with the store’s leadership role in adopting the Legion’s “two minutes of silence” initiative. He felt that the store’s contribution of educating the public to the importance of remembering was commendable.
    When eleven o’clock arrived on that day, an announcement was again made asking for the “two minutes of silence” to commence. All customers, with the exception of a man who was accompanied by his young child, showed their respect........
    Read More

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Really impressive video. If only the original ignorant person that inspired the video had actually come to his senses at the end the way it's portrayed here, however I suspect he wouldn't have.
    I remember entire supermarkets coming to a halt at 11:00 11/11 as a child, but now I imagine it would be rare for one or two people to stop. So sad.
    Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I have to say that I was impressed with our local Shopping Mall.
    They put over an announcement about observing a minutes silence - which stopped very very few people - then about a minute later they played the "at the going down of the sun... etc" and followed it with the 'Last Post' which brought all but the most ignorant morons to an appropriate halt. It was a good way to do it. So much better than a token announcement that very few people honoured.