I've been a Mac convert since mid-2009, after 17 years running DOS and Windows.

Firefox was my choice of browser when I was still running Windows, and I've kept using it since converting to the Mac.

However, I'm starting to ponder the notion of switching to Safari. I also have an iPhone, so I'm using it for mobile browsing anyway.

What concerns me about Safari is the lack of control over the setting of cookies by sites. Under Firefox, I use a 'white list' system, whereby I specifically allow cookies from certain sites, and block all other sites.

Safari doesn't seem to have this capability.

I also run a handful of Greasemonkey scripts, which make my browsing experience cleaner or more functional for a few sites I regularly visit.

An ad blocker is a must, and it seems that there is an ad blocker for Safari, although I'm not sure how well it fares compared to Adblock Plus for Firefox.

So, my question to my fellow Mac users is this:

Which browser (ie, Firefox or Safari) do you use, and why?

Additionally, what do you specifically like about your browser, and what do you specifically dislike about the alternate browser?

Please, no browser wars or suggestions to use Opera or some other third-party browser. I'm only interested in comparisons between Firefox and Safari.

I would like to standardise across my Mac and iPhone, which simplifies the current archaic process by which I synchronise bookmarks.

Very keen to hear some objective, balanced opinions about both browsers on the Mac.