Today has been a bad day for me - had both my cameras stolen - 40D and 5d Mk II - along with 24-70mm F1:2.8 L zoom lens and 400mm F1:5.6L prime lens.
Stolen from a friend's vehicle in a suburban driveway while we were visiting his daughter in Como, Perth. The vehicle was definitely locked (I checked the door handles) but friend was called out of the house to move his vehicle and is not so sure he locked it the second time. Other valuable equipment in the car was not touched - GPS, binoculars; wallet; tripods (2) and Ipod. My gear was in a backpack.
The 400L is distinctive in that it has a decent chip on the barrel.
I thought my gear was insured - I personally went into the insurance company to remove my old camera (350D) from my list of gear and add my new camera. Today insurance company tells me they have no record of any of my gear. So that is something else I have to chase up and contend with - my daughter was with me the day I went in.
Right now wondering if photography is worth it - for me it is a hobby, but I take it seriously. Feel sick in the stomach.
If anyone sees my gear for sale anywhere, please let me know.
Thanks Lesley