User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Four Seasons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Four Seasons

I didn't really mean to end up with this. The first image (Summer) was taken simply to try out something I read. Then in Autumn, on my way home, I was driving through the Avenue of Honour here in Bacchus Marsh and as I went past the place where I took the Summer photo I thought how different it looks, so I decided to come back and take another image in the same place. Well, one thing led to another and I thought I might as well go back in Winter and Spring and do it all again.
    While they are at slightly different angles, they were all taken at the same spot and all at 27mm (except Spring which was 28mm....see, if I had planned this I would have chosen something more realistic than 27mm!), f16, ISO100.
    One thing of note....Between Summer and Autumn, the council had done some of what it calls 'Tree Work' and removed a couple of the limbs from the first tree.
    Summer - Late Jan 2011
    Autumn - Late May 2011
    Winter - Late August 2011
    Spring - Late October 2011

Canon 550D/7D - Canon 24mm IS USM - Sigma 10-20mm - Canon 15-85 IS USM - Sigma 28-300mm | RS60E3 cable remote | B&W ND110, Hoya CPL, ND2, ND8, Cokin P series H250A GND 'kit' | An embarrassingly cheap SLIK tripod.
    Software: PS CS5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice! Pity about the treework, it seems that the tree has lost an arm or something.

Would it be possible to just move the perspective of the Autumn shot a bit above so it would be inline with the other 3 quadrants?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hectic3 View Post
    Very nice! Pity about the treework, it seems that the tree has lost an arm or something.

Would it be possible to just move the perspective of the Autumn shot a bit above so it would be inline with the other 3 quadrants?
    Thanks for your comments hectic3 and in answer to your question....unfortunately....no!
    Stupidly I didn't think to look at the Summer image for things like this before I took the Autumn image...although I did for the rest.
    I have always thought that Autumn was the odd one out also, but by the time I realised it (it was a case of just dumping the image onto the computer and forgetting about it until Winter rolled around), it was to late....autumn had passed...ahh well
    If this had been a planned series, I would have taken a printed copy of the Summer image so that I could have made sure everything lined up and all images would have been the same........
    Last edited by wanderer51; 01-11-2011 at 1:10pm. Reason: after thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah well, still a great pic showing the season with a bit of tree carnage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. Very nice.
    Always willing to sacrifice my artistic integrity for cash

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it all the same it was a fantastic idea

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mary Anne.
    I might try it again next summer (it's just about to late to start in spring now), but I will choose another subject....and do it right next time!