Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Help with adding a Title/Info to a Pic in Photoshop Elements 7

Photoholic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with adding a Title/Info to a Pic in Photoshop Elements 7

Hi Guys , this may seem like a dumb question but I have a Pano shot of 11 speedway Formula 500 sprinters with a mountain called Mt Nameless in the background , I have to add some text to the printed photo which is causing me a problem , I am working with Adobe Elements 7 , photos are being printed on A4 and I have about 40mm of border top and bottom of the frame and I want to add the text to the bordered area of the print , how do I do this ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Does a one legged duck swim in an eliptic circle

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Increase your canvas size File : Edit : Canvas Size
    Choose a colour for the background and choose if you want the canvas extension on all four sides, top and bottom only, bottom only etc.
    Then you have a place to add the text to, just use the text too to write what you want.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following on from Rick, Elements may work the same as PS, An easy way to do what Rick said is if using a PC Open the photo, Go ; Ctrl A, Shift>Ctrl>J , Alt>Ctrl>C , Set your border there
    Last edited by William; 01-11-2011 at 1:40pm. Reason: Spelling
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Photoholic
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks heaps for the info Guys , on the money , problem sorted .

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick and easy way in Elements is to open the image , use the crop tool to select the whole image then using the handles drag the corners out till you get the desired border, (Select use photo ratio if the image is at the printed ratio already or no restriction if you want border on only one or two sides). then use the text tool to add your text.
    Keith.
    Keith

Canon 400D Gripped, Canon 7D LCD Timer Gripped, Canon 70-200 f2.8L is ii. Canon 2X iii Extender, Canon 50mm 1.8, Sigma 150-500, Sigma 18-250, Sigma 17-50 F2.8, Sigma 10-20, Tamron 90mm Macro, Yonguno YN460 & 460ii Speedlights and a Hanimax TZ 1 Flash, Wireless Triggers ,LED Macro Ringlight, Extension Tubes, 3 tripods, 2 monopods, PS Elements 5 & 10, PSP9 and canon s/ware, various filters and other photographic paraphernalia all packed in a computrecker backpack. NEW:- Panasonic GX8, 45-150, 14mm F2.5. PSE 2018.