Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DWI. Are these guys OK?

Anyone had dealings with them before?

http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/store/index.asp

Seems to be the cheapest place I can buy myself the Canon 100-400L. A couple of hundred bucks under DDP and Digital Rev. WAAAAYYYY under Teds!

Baz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using them on and off over the last 3 yrs, with over 7k spent on them now and no problems! Good customer service too as they usually call me to confirm my order before sending it from HK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep used them a lot and so has a few friends. Very reliable as far as I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only bought 2 lenses from them, really happy with their service, and very quick delivery too.
    Jayde

Honest CC whether good or bad, is much appreciated.
    Love and enjoy photography, but won't be giving up my day job.

Flickr

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys.

Baz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my Canon 17-40mm f4L from them a while back, very happy with the service, although I was a little uneasy about forking out near $900 for a lens, from a company I hadn't used before. Everything came as it should and when they said it would, I plan on using them again.
    Andrew.
    comments and criticisms are always appreciated.
    Unless I post into the "NOT FOR CRITIQUE" section then the above doesn't apply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problems with these guys. Excellent customer service. Only thing is repairs may take about a month. My camera came back with a filthy focus screen and sensor. I'd highly recommend mack diamond warranty.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my D7000 from them around a month ago, was sent Friday morning and was at my door Monday in country Victoria.

FedEx working weekends is good

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are Loads of thread on here about DWI, yes they are legit and yes they are great prices.

Have bought quite a few lenses from there. The tip is ring first to make sure they have the product you want.
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m another happy DWI customer. Fast delivery and no problems with any equipment I purchased. They send you a tracking number so you can see where your item is currently located.

I concur with rellik666. Call to confirm they have the items you want to order in stock. I purchased a lens from them once and then found it was on back order with no confirmed delivery time. They offered and I received a refund in full. I called back a couple of months later, the item was available for shipping and I received it 3-4 days later at a better price due to the exchange rate at the time.
    Nikon D90, 18-200VR II, Tokina 100mm Macro, Sigma 150-500, Nikkor 35mm, Giotto Rocket Air Blower

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Know some people who've used them before and have been very happy.

Same goes with eGlobalDigitalCameras.com.au I've used them and the lens arrived 24 hours after they contacted saying it had sent!

Decided to "shave" my signature ;]
    Now mostly shoots with: Canon 5D MK3 & Canon 24-70 f/2.8/50mm f/1.8 (also have a 550D with a variety of lenses/goodies and a Sony Nex-5N)
    PP with: Lightroom only, Photoshop is merely a 9-5 work tool for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent way too much money with them, no complaints at all, great service. They ring you if they have any problems and I have found them very helpful.
    Shelley
    (constructive criticism welcome)

www.shelleypearsonphotography.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done business with them also, mainly for smaller stuff, and found them fine. Perhaps worth noting though that they quote all their prices without GST. This is fine and legitimate if the item sells for under $AU1000, but they under-report the price of more expensive items to evade GST. If Customs looks past the paperwork stuck to the outside of the box then you will at least be up for the GST & a Customs fee. I have no idea if Customs would do anything else or not. You may also wish to consider the ethical issues of evading GST and the fact that it gives them an unfair advantage over businesses that do the right thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make sure you ring them before placing your order.. particularly if its a item that hard to get...as they might not have stock..they have reps in most major cities in Aus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used them. Very quick delivery and good service.

However, as it is a gray import, note that you may not receive international versions. Documentation, power leads etc may not be local versions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Thursday (10.11) afternoon, I ordered a Sigma 10-20mm and a Marumi DHG CPL from them. By 2100 that night I had received 4 emails from them telling me the progress of my order. The lens and filter arrived today (Mon 14.11)....all for $200 less than what I could have bought it for in AU. All securely packed in a triple layer of bubble wrap. Great service....great price.
    Now all I need is to find some time to get out and try the lens!
    Canon 550D/7D - Canon 24mm IS USM - Sigma 10-20mm - Canon 15-85 IS USM - Sigma 28-300mm | RS60E3 cable remote | B&W ND110, Hoya CPL, ND2, ND8, Cokin P series H250A GND 'kit' | An embarrassingly cheap SLIK tripod.
    Software: PS CS5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a note - if you can, pay with paypal. That way the transaction is instant and you pay what is advertised at that time - they can't quote stock issues and jack the price up later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone had any dealing with another company from Hong Kong. The name is *removed, members with less than 30 days membership and 50 posts are not allowed to post anything that could be deemed as helping to promote a commercial company* . They have prices similar to DWI but the Nikon D7000 is quite a bit cheaper (prices have gone up $100 in last couple of days at DWI). Thanks, Paul.
    Last edited by ricktas; 17-11-2011 at 10:09pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have bought two lenses from them, but I won't buy grey market bodies. All looks good though!
    Olympus E-30

Lenses:
    9-18mm f4-5.6
    14-54mm f2.8-3.5
    35mm f3.5
    70-300mm f4.0-5.6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fwi if items cost over $1000 you can be taxed so they tend to devalue them... but for insurance purposes you can request a receipt of the actual value of the items.

reliable and good service though. and yes.. better with PAYPAL. they have had some credit card issues in the past.
    - Tim