User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Its time to spend some money.....bugger!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its time to spend some money.....bugger!

Hi all, I need to replace my old studio lights. They cant be repaired, rewired, taped or coaxed into life any more. Three dolphin torches would be more useful really and I have even resorted to using speedlights when I really shouldn't ( strobists dont get upset I love my speedlights in the right setting). My old lights were 1832 vintage Bowens, very second hand from the time I got them and of course, now I have an affilation for Bowens adaptive modifiers. I am willing to listen to all arguments for Bowens compatibles lights as I am looking at about $3500 to buy a three head 500w set. This would be great but ebay has told me I am not allowed to auction the kids. Seriously they are great lights, but there is a lot of knowledge on this forum so I thought I would ask....Thanks
    Sorry, meant to say mainly for portrait, glam and fashion. The ability to have a travel pack arrangement is desirable.
    Last edited by reflect; 27-10-2011 at 8:23pm.
    Andrew
    D700, D5000, Various Nikon and Sigma Lenses and lots of other expensive thingys with buttons and knobs (some even go Bing !!)
    www.andrewplacephotography.com.au