User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photographing Masquerade Ball - advice / hints appreciated!

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, thanks for your input with this. I really appreciate it. Oh and 'wow' shooting for the Governors Luncheon hey - I really feel a little out of my league now! Thankyou so much for your thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    15-85mm will be the most useful lens. I did a similar event using a 16-45 lens, a flash and a large silver umbrella. The wide angle was necessary to get full length shots with large groups, just make sure and keep the lens parallel to the subject unless you are going for a hero shot. I was in a fairly small space so my 50mm lens was only used for some headshots for one of the makeup artists, but the 50/1.8 would still be handy to have to get some ambient shots. I needed to manually focus due to the low light.

A different masquerade ball I went to had smoke and bubble machines and lighting varied between dark and bright throughout the night so be prepared for anything.

Being a function hall the ceilings will most likely be quite high and it will be dark so you'll need to experiment with settings or make or get some kind of diffuser. Get there as early as you can and get a willing victim so you have time to test settings.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I was definitely going to get there early and run some test shots. Being so spare of the moment I feel very unorganised - not usually the way I like to do things but hey its a learning opportunity so going to run with it and see how goes.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got any pictures to show us?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12