User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Advice Please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice Please

I have a Canon SLR 50D and a range of lenses, We do some fishing and kayaking and don't want to do any damage to my main camera so I want to buy a compact camera, have been looking at the Panasonic DMC-FZ100 and the Canon SX30IS, has anyone had any to do with either of these cameras or a recommendation for any others, thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a canon SX200 IS, a couple of years old now so an 'oldie' but I loved it. I can't speak for the newer model but I took this one over seas last year. I have taken some great pics and not so great but that is me only, but have acquired 9/10 at camera club with pics out of it , so happy with that... would I consider getting another Canon point and shoot, yes I would, if I wanted to upgrade from this model. I like the fact that I can dial to manuel, av, tv or just the auto ones if I really wanted to. Never looked at Panasonic so can't comment.
    Not sure if this helps as it isn't the one you asked about .. sorry... but hope so.
    I now have a Canon 60D, hubby also, so wouldn't go away from canon ...
    cheers, Rosemary (I'm not at all technical, in case you hadn't noticed .. )

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Olympus Tough are good quality, water proof, what do you hope to achieve with a snap and shoot? you can't compair it to the old 50D.
    Ask yourself this, what will I photograph with a P&S, what do I need, water proof wont have a long zoom, but may have better sensor, less moving parts, or zoom and no water proof, think of sensor size, small finger nail if your lucky, why not just use your phone, probally close in IQ with the modern phone. $200, you can't go far wrong. I use a Sony cyber, have for years, what ever you buy, will be dated in 6 mths anyway. Buy one for the right role its to be used in, water? water proof?
    Zoom, buy one with a good zoom.
    They call me "Blue" it's a red head thing.
    "My Flickr Site"
    Canon Bodies - 1DMk2N + 50D - Lenses - 17-35mm F2.8 L - 24-70mm F2.8 L - 70-200mm F2.8 L - 300mm F4 IS L - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 - Sigma 10-20mm - DJI Mavic Pro Platinum
    " I Never get tired of looking at our diverse country, even if its through the lens of someone else".
    CC is always appreciated.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree with Roosta, the Oly range of water/drop/tough point and shoots is about as good as it gets.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography