Greetings all

Paul (Raccoon) has set up a fabulous studio and it is about time we christened it. As well as a dedicated studio, there are other great spots for portrait shoots including long hallways with lots of doors (looking like a prison corridor), spaces with silvery corrugated iron walls, and industrial looking laneways lined with walls & bright roller doors. From the way I surveyed the venue, we can have 2 studio setups and 2 location setups operating at the same time which gives quite an opportunity for a bit of variety.

The idea for the meet to have an evening shoot, preceded by a sausage sizzle! There will be a “donation” for this and any profits will be going to charity. Paul has indicated something associated with cancer will be his pick. More details to come.

The date set down for this event is Saturday, 29 October and the do will start around 6pm with shooting to commence around 7pm and probably go to 9:30. Family and friends welcome as we are going to try raise a bit of money for a good cause.

The venue is a storage depot in Hillsdale (Eastern Suburbs) and this is a secure site so we won’t have any morons coming up to us and saying something intelligent like “are you a photographer”.

For subjects, the thinking that if a couple of us can get friends, relatives or complete strangers that would like to be models for the night, we will go with that. I have been trying to get a paid model but as end-of-year exams will follow shortly after that date, it seems unlikely. If I do manage to get a model, I will donate any expenses for the model.

If you are one of the people that has indicated to Paul or myself you are coming, please post into here so we can keep track. If this is all news to you and you want to come along, get your name in here too - you will be welcome.

Note that if there is overwhelming demand (and there hasn't been for any Sydney meet of late), we may have to limit numbers as there are only so many snags that Paul can cook up.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers, Peter