User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  10
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bathurst Race Photos : Sorry but you cannot put them on AP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not sure it would be worth links Rick, they change quite often and often dont match the terms actually printed on the ticket

In addition another complexity is that accreditted photographers don't actually buy or agree to a ticket....
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope - not going to bother doing it just for a handful of people looking at my images. Pity though, hey??
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    In addition another complexity is that accredited photographers don't actually buy or agree to a ticket....
    Accredited photographers are subject to the conditions of their accreditation.

Last year's Clipsal, I was on the roof of an office building adjoining the track a got some great night shots of the fireworks.
    I guess I could have gone there during the race and used my 500mm with a 1.4TC

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont media acrred togs have rules and regs as well as what they can and cant do with their piccys ???

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst they may change regularly I am pretty sure the general gist of T&C's wouldn't change. It would be very useful and helpful to see these.

For the AFL as it currently stands, I always thought it was a venue rather than event condition, as Skilled Stadium has different rule to the MCG, but just found these that appear to blanket all.

1. not to bring into the Venue any photographic, video or audio recording equipment for any purpose other than private non-commercial purposes, which may include, without limitation, video and/or audio recorders, camera tripods, monopods or lenses with a totalfocal strength of greater than 200mm and commercial digital video equipment;

2. not to (i) make any recording or take any photograph for anything other than private noncommercial purposes or (ii) make any recording or take any photograph of any person without the authorisation of that person or (iii) sell, license or otherwise publish, disseminate or reproduce (or permit such), whether in whole or in part, any recordings taken or made inside the Venue (including, without limitation, photographs, video recordings, data recordings or sound recordings) without the prior written consent of the Australian Football League;

3. not to broadcast or narrowcast by any means whatsoever (including, without limitation, by way of mobile telephone, modem or other wireless device) any images, sounds, data, results or commentary of or concerning any of the matches or other activities at the Venue without the prior written consent of the Australian Football League;
    http://www.afl.com.au/fixture/aflven...2/default.aspx
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came across this thread cause my images were deleted....LOL

Accredited togs still have to abide by T&C but they are different. Last
    year when i worked my job was to take images - for the web...
    Jeff - Jeff D Photography
    Canon -
    http://jeffdphoto.ifp3.com/
    www.jeffdphotography.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a question ?
    "series of still pictures "

If i say post 1 image in a competition then that should be OK ???

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffde View Post

If i say post 1 image in a competition then that should be OK ???
    Sorry but no. Read the T&C paragraph in its entirety and note the very first words --- Any imagery.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This came up at a discussion between some leagle friends of mine and it was said there that the T&C on the back of a ticket was not worth the paper it is written on. To enforce it they would have to explain the T&C to each individual and have them sign a form to say they understood the terms before they could enforce them. I would love to have the money to be able to test this.
    Keith.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This came up at a discussion between some leagle friends of mine and it was said there that the T&C on the back of a ticket was not worth the paper it is written on. To enforce it they would have to explain the T&C to each individual and have them sign a form to say they understood the terms before they could enforce them. I would love to have the money to be able to test this.
    Keith.
    You and me both, but seeing as we don't, I am not about to have them send their sufficient funds my way, in the hands of their lawyers
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go on. I'm sure if you win you'll be awarded costs, and get it all back -
    Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd really love to see someone with lots of time and money take these organisations to task on the this topic too. But the ultimate reality is that they can enforce a certain amount of pressure on the general public(and on the pro's too, of course) not to profit from the event.
    I think that your legal friends may be right in that unless there is a written agreement signed by both parties, they have left themselves open to a loophole in the process.
    Ultimately if someone with the money chooses to take these organisations on and, hypothetically speaking, they win the cause .... the real problems will then start.
    The inevitable outcome would simply be that the organisers of major events would simply ban all cameras brought into the event venue!!

In the end, it's a lost cause, that is unless the general public is willing to boycott the events.
    It takes a lot of will power and discipline from Joe Average to do so, and the way it's looking, most (major)events are usually oversubscribed with spectators as it is already!

Summary: even if you win the battle, you still end up losing the war.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any time limit for these image bans?
    Say for instance you have, what you consider a few decent images from one of these "premier events" that are 2-3-4 years old.
    Is one ever permitted to post these images to show fellow members?
    CC always welcome and appreciated.
    Tweaks welcome but please add how and why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, unless you like 10,000 others do a status update using Facebook, google+ or twitter ( they obviously dont count) and put pics via that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gold Coast 600

Hi All,

Am thinking about going to the GC 600 in a couple of weeks and if i decide to go, i'd like to try out my new canon 60d! I've been trying to find information on whether DSLR's are allowed trackside, or whether the rules are like footy games. Unfortunately I can't find any information anywhere pertaining to photography/videography.

If anyone has insight into this, please let me know!

Cheers,
    Trent

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmd77 View Post
    I've been trying to find information on whether DSLR's are allowed trackside, or whether the rules are like footy games. Unfortunately I can't find any information anywhere pertaining to photography/videography.
    Trent, I have merged your thread with this one for several reasons.

Just as it took a fair bit of searching for me to find the terms and conditions regarding photography at Bathurst the other day I can't find any info about the subject relating to the God Coast event.

The big problem seems to be that if you ( or I or any normal person ) start searching for specific race events you end up on sites like this and there is no information available. It seems that the individual races end up with their own web site and just like the Bathurst site last week they don't contain links to info about photography.
    There seems to be a complete screw up with their web pages, all the V8 supercar events seem to be under the banner of V8 supercars and still on that site there is no information re photography.
    If one searches for "V8 supercars terms and conditions" you may get lucky as I did and find yourself on a totally different web site that does spell out the terms for Bathurst and that appears to be the site of the official promoter / owner of the series but even their home page doesn't function.
    I would assume that seeing as they refuse to allow images from one event that they own to be placed on the web that they would have the same policy for all other events that they own.

It really is a very poor way of doing things as far as I can see but what would one expect from an organisation connected with mock up car brands and dodgy telephone suppliers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd be allowed in with a dslr and up to 200mm at every event I've been aware of so I think you'd be right Trent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for merging it Andrew, searched for Gold Coast 600 threads but didnt think to search for other V8 events

Interesting read of a thread. Makes you wonder where common sense disappeared to.

Thanks kiwi, looks like the 17-50 will be staying on the camera all day...

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have just got a vision of a couple of blokes on top of the mount after a hundred and ten cans spinning around in circles trying to read the terms and conditions
    cheers macca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who would have thought the relatively harmless hobby of photography would be frought with such danger? Is it a testament to the power of the image or a sign of a loss of innocence?

It comes back to the dollar in most cases, and how would you feel as a professional photographer to be usurped by thousands of talented amatuers?

Thanks for the warnng about putting images like this on AP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast