Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Visiting Hobart 25 Oct - 7 Nov

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While perusing Google Earth looking at the road from Hobart to Waddamana I noticed a very strange looking formation a little way off the road. I have made 2 screendumps and the lat/long ref is: 42' 19' 52.87S / 146' 56' 05.76E Anyone have any idea at all what this is? Or if it is real at all and not just a Google artifact?

outcrop distant.jpg

outcrop close.jpg
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those strange things are Dams Odille!

I would also recommend some time going to Lauderdale, South Arm, O'Possum Bay. There is some great scenery to be had down that way, including sunsets over the Derwent, looking back up the river to Hobart.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Those strange things are Dams Odille!

I would also recommend some time going to Lauderdale, South Arm, O'Possum Bay. There is some great scenery to be had down that way, including sunsets over the Derwent, looking back up the river to Hobart.
    I do plan trips south, I haven't been down that area, I will make point of including it. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Analog6; 17-10-2011 at 8:37am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Rick means dams in the sense that the water has been dammed up to stop moving [like Gordon Dam etc] but just the waterholes on rural properties that are called dams. If that makes any sense :P

Canon 400D | 60mm f2.8 | 18-55mm | 75-300mm| 50mm f1.8 | 430EXII | Photoshop CS4
    Helpful & Honest Critique/Advice appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, upon further inspection, I'm mistaken and it is a dam, in the traditional sense of the word. See image below
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyK View Post
    Actually, upon further inspection, I'm mistaken and it is a dam, in the traditional sense of the word. See image below
    Yes, I took another look and realised it was, and went back and tried to delete my second post about it, but although the delete choice came up and it was in the time frame it just wouldn't let me!

Maybe I need new glasses!

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I arrived OK last night and woke up this morning with the snuffles and a sore throat, but happily seem to have thrown it off. Have seen the rellies off on their jaunts, and thought I might drive over to Bellerive tonight for the sunset.

I investigated Google maps and thought somewhere along Victoria Esplanade where I see there are little jetties out into the water might be nice. If anyone wants to join me the mobile is 0414 952 604, please SMS your name and number to me and I'll pop you on my memory, so I know who is calling when you ring. I'll go over about 1815 - time and date says sunset is 1948 so that will give me time for a bit of an explore and to work out what the sun is doing and where it will set.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Odille, Welcome back to Tassie. I cannot join you this evening, unfortunately. I will be free from next Tuesday evening (I am only working monday and tuesday next week), so from the morning of 2nd November I will be up for a meet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Odille, I can't make it tonight, I have taken your phone number and may be able to catch up for one of your other trips. I'm away on the weekend so unless there is somewhere close tomorrow it will be after the weekend when I can tag along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *pokes head out window* doesn't look like the sunset is overly fantastic out there!

[I live in Bellerive, and would have come down, but have only just seen this ]

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyK View Post
    *pokes head out window* doesn't look like the sunset is overly fantastic out there!

[I live in Bellerive, and would have come down, but have only just seen this ]
    It wasn't terrific Amy but I got some nice rays amongst the clods pre sunset. Not processed yet as I am downloading PS5.5 to Tony's IMac. When it is done I'll have a play.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't be doing a lot of editing while I am here! Tony's iMac is so slow compared to mine, I have 4Gb RAM but he has never upgraded his and utonly has 2Gb. PS5.5 runs like a one legged duck! I will have to try to master lightroom. How do you save a version you have edited from Lightroom, anyone?

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some shots from Bellerive yesterday afternoon, linked from My RedBubble

This morning I am planning a drive to Taroona for a hopefully nice sunrise. I will be at the end of Melinga Place off Flinders Esplanade where there are some boathouses. The car is a silver Citroen C4, my mobile # is 0414 952 604 if anyone wants to join me. Then I plan to drive south for an explore.

Sorry for the late notice but last night I crashed at 7.30pm and have now woken up of course, in the middle of the night, wide awake. Irritating internal clock!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saving in Lightroom is called 'exporting' it is under the FILE menu.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Saving in Lightroom is called 'exporting' it is under the FILE menu.
    Thanks Rick. A stunning sunrise this morning, the most beautiful pinks and cloud formations, but I am having trouble editing. Tony's monitor is not calibrated, of course, and I didn't think to bring my Spider, silly me. Also, it keeps hanging in PS. I'll have a go with Lightroom.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have lent my spyder to a friend at present, otherwise you could have borrowed it Odille. Looks possible for a thunderstorm tonight. Might be some lightning shots to be had a bit later in the evening.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone up for a sunset/evening shoot tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen this but it will be a bit late for me now as I would have a 30 minute drive at least and hubby has the car.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldnt make it along but snapped a shot out towards the East from my house. Not the best photo but one none-the-less.

Attachment 81088
    Last edited by WhoDo; 06-11-2011 at 8:49am.
    Canon 1D Mark II | Canon 60D (Gripped) | Canon 70-200 f/4L IS | Canon 24-105 f/4L IS | Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 | Tamron 18-270 PZD | Tamron 90mm Macro | 50mm F/1.8 | Canon 430 EX II | Fancier BH-04 | - www.samgraudins.com

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, I didn't see this either! I've been doing lots of research on oast houses at the State Library as I am going to attempt a book about them. There are lots of technical ones but I want to do one from a tourism type aspect.

tassam380 - can't see your attachment - can you redo it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast