Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visiting Hobart 25 Oct - 7 Nov

I am coming down to house/fish/Mum sit on the above dates so my sister & BIL can have a break – they are taking a driving holiday in Vic/ACT. Hopefully I can get together with some of you for some photography.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Odille Where are you going down to? You may have said on the Photo Walk but I can't remember
    Barbara

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wandapics_photography

K-x. Sigma 18-125mm 1:3.8 - 5.6 DC HSM, Sigma 28-80mm 1:3.5-5.6 Macro, Sigma 100-300mm 1:4.5-6.7 DL. Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash,
    MZ-60. Adobe Photoshop CS2.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't be doing a lot of editing while I am here! Tony's iMac is so slow compared to mine, I have 4Gb RAM but he has never upgraded his and utonly has 2Gb. PS5.5 runs like a one legged duck! I will have to try to master lightroom. How do you save a version you have edited from Lightroom, anyone?

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tasmania Wanda, that's why I put it in the Tasmanian meet up area, I should have put Hobart in the title. I'll PM a mod.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    Tasmania Wanda, that's why I put it in the Tasmanian meet up area, I should have put Hobart in the title. I'll PM a mod.
    Done.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some shots from Bellerive yesterday afternoon, linked from My RedBubble

This morning I am planning a drive to Taroona for a hopefully nice sunrise. I will be at the end of Melinga Place off Flinders Esplanade where there are some boathouses. The car is a silver Citroen C4, my mobile # is 0414 952 604 if anyone wants to join me. Then I plan to drive south for an explore.

Sorry for the late notice but last night I crashed at 7.30pm and have now woken up of course, in the middle of the night, wide awake. Irritating internal clock!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am getting a week off starting 2nd November, so would be great to catch up again Odille
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    I am getting a week off starting 2nd November, so would be great to catch up again Odille
    Maybe we could do a weekend early morning again, perhaps down the coast a bit if you know somewhere nice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will be down there around that time too Odille, Rick...and would be great to meet up for a shoot. Only thing is Julie has planed the whole trip and we are all over the place for about 18 days. Looking forward to it too.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be around Haven't got too many hours at work this month, so am keen for a meet-up

Canon 400D | 60mm f2.8 | 18-55mm | 75-300mm| 50mm f1.8 | 430EXII | Photoshop CS4
    Helpful & Honest Critique/Advice appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be keen too. Willing to get out of bed early

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekend wise there is the 29/30 October - best for me as sis & BIL away so I have unrestricted use of their car (whooppee!) and 5/6 Nov - not quite as good as they will be back from 4 so then sharing the car. And the days from 26 Oct to 3 Nov I'll be out early most mornings shooting and maybe some sunsets too. Cloudy / rainy days will also be shooting days.

Anyone know anywhere I might see platy p u s s i es (why does it think this is a rude word - can't programmers teach their programs to check for sense!?) in Tassie not too far from Hobart? I'd love to get a platypus shot, and I know dawn is usually a good time.

I also noticed in David's thread on sunrise places philliph mentioned Hartz national Park. This sounds great, I think I'll definitely get up really early one morning and go down there - I may do a daytime recce beforehand, have to see how I go. I'd like to try for Wineglass Bay too nut I know it involves quite a walk so may not be possible for me. See how I go.
    Last edited by Analog6; 08-10-2011 at 7:53am.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, I didn't see this either! I've been doing lots of research on oast houses at the State Library as I am going to attempt a book about them. There are lots of technical ones but I want to do one from a tourism type aspect.

tassam380 - can't see your attachment - can you redo it?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wineglass Bay is about a 2 - 2.5 hour drive from Hobart. The Nut is about 5-6 hours away..about 500-600kms.
    Platypus are hard to get, they tend to dive and hide when they hear people. But there are some at Mt Field National Park, (Russell Falls), it is just a matter of being in the right place at the right time, and getting shot.

There are also platypus in the streams on Mt Wellington, though I have not seen one there at all.

If you want a beach with rocky outcrops etc, for foreground interest, Taroona Beach is always a good option for sunrise

For sunsets around Hobart, you can go to the top of Mt Wellington, Lindisfarne (near the Tasman Bridge) or Bellerive (looking across at Hobart city), or you can go further afield.

From Lindisfarne

From Bellerive
    Last edited by ricktas; 08-10-2011 at 8:46am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow thanks for those tips Rick. We (David & I) will arrive in Tassie on 31st Oct - fly into Launceston & then fly out Hobart 5th Nov (midday), so would love to catch up with you & others if we can manage it. I know Kane & Matt will be around Hobart by the 5th as well before they fly out that night, although they have a tight itinerary of what they are wanting to achieve.
    Would love a chance for a meet up hopefully
    Kerri

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a quick trip Kerri! What's your itinerary? I could meet up on Tues/Wed/Thurs (1/2/3 Nov) and probably the morning of the 4th but I have to pick my sister and BIL up that day and will not be so mobile after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a Platypus on Sunday evening, swimming around in the river outside Narcissus Hut at Lake St. Clair. But it's a bit of a trip to get there... 2-3 hour drive, $40 each way for the ferry up the lake to Narcissus Hut, unless you feel like doing the 17km walk from the visitors centre to the Hut :P

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyK View Post
    I saw a Platypus on Sunday evening, swimming around in the river outside Narcissus Hut at Lake St. Clair. But it's a bit of a trip to get there... 2-3 hour drive, $40 each way for the ferry up the lake to Narcissus Hut, unless you feel like doing the 17km walk from the visitors centre to the Hut :P
    Thnaks Amy, I'll keep it in mind but it may have to wait until I am more cashed up on another visit. $40 each way is a bit of a slug!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    Thnaks Amy, I'll keep it in mind but it may have to wait until I am more cashed up on another visit. $40 each way is a bit of a slug!
    Yeah, and they have a minimum booking for the ferry too, so they have to get $225 for each trip to make it worthwhile, so if you're the only one on there, you get slugged the $225 each way. The ferry is run privately to the National Park, so they can pretty much charge what they want.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyK View Post
    Yeah, and they have a minimum booking for the ferry too, so they have to get $225 for each trip to make it worthwhile, so if you're the only one on there, you get slugged the $225 each way. The ferry is run privately to the National Park, so they can pretty much charge what they want.
    Awful isn't it - and I could never manage to walk 15 kms - and I assume 15 kms back too! Maybe I could bring an inflatable kayak . . . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast