Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: 8 MM video help.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8 MM video help.

Yeah, I am probably going to be in trouble for asking, but I am getting desperate.

Who remembers video cameras? Particularly 8mm?

(Date 1991-ish)

Story:
    I had a SONY camera. I took a few 90 minute tapes. The camera was stolen from me - and my SLR camera. Not fun.

I got a new one, but a SANYO. Took more tapes.

I "eventually" got around to up-ing them to VHS but I am not sure I did a good job.

I understand the tapes are not going to last so I decided to TRY and get them converted to electronic format.

I took the VHS tapes, but they were horrible. The guy suggested I take the original tapes. I looked through the tapes I wanted to "save" and took what I thought were the ones.

Alas 6 were given back saying they were "faulty" - or I guess they didin't play back clearly.

While watching the ones which worked, I realised that the ones which worked were the ones I took on the SANYO one.

As the tapes played back ok on the player - which in itself was amazing - the ones recorded on the SONY - didn't.

COULD it be an alignment/tracking problem?

I live in Sydney - but alas for now am imobile - does anyone know any good place I would go and see if the other tapes are salvageable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try and contact Zoom Productions in Petersham. They have done some for me ages ago from 8mm, VHS to dvd. Not sure if they still do this or not but they did a great job.