Hi guys,

I'm in a bit of a bind. I took some photographs for a mate of his house for a web advertisement and a billboard out the front of his house, (a little bit of freelance work for me, and a bit of cheap labour for him). Now the ad was posted today, and it would appear that the real estate agent has taken credit for my photographs. I took this up with said 'mate', whose response was they spent 4 1/2 hours editing so the copyright was probably valid. Now the photographs weren't worth $300 (which is why he didn't pay that much), but it appears that the real estate agent has decided because he's edited my photographs (a few slight colour changes and some cropping), that he can take credit for my work.

I've read through the copyright laws, and reminded said 'mate' that copyright doesn't quite work that way, but I'm wondering if anyone has some advice they may be able to give me for future endeavours - my uncle wants me to do some photo's for his camper trailer business and whilst I trust my family, I thought I could trust this 'friend' to appropriately attribute my name to my work...

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Sez