Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery Grip questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennymiata View Post
    If you're nitpicky about the thickness of the rubber coating, the rubber on the Canon is very thin, about 0.4mm and the rubber on the Zykos grip is about 0.6mm.
    I have both of them, and the rubber on the Zykos grip is much grippier than on the Canon.
    It also feels softer in the hand.

There's plenty to nitpick about a Ferrari too.
    Try driving one on the highway for a couple of hours, and the noise will drive you insane!
    The noise is fantastic when you're pushing it, but on the highway, the sound is just an irritatiing loud drone.
    I forgot which model of Phottix BG that i tried VS the Canon variant had better egronomics and rubber as well. In the previous post i was specifically mentioning the meike and canon. The thing is about equipment is no 2 equipment is always the same. Even canon's OEMS from different factories for some stuff and thus their QC varies as well. As i've said, at the end of the day it does the same job. Maybe i should have added, some 3rd party items have bits that are better as well extras (like the ones with built in time lapse ability) just to cover the bases.

To me they perform the same job and Canon definitely has a much bigger markup vs 3rd party. I only bought the canon version because i had a good offer on it costing about $10 more vs a 3rd party. If i were to resell it i would probably break even, so it was a no brainer eh?

Hahahaha.. The Ferrari was not mine but loaned to me by a friend. So no $$ out of my pocket there! Well other than the fuel cost that is. I am not a Ferrari fan... but a Porsche one.
    Maybe that's why i nit picked the Ferrari that much! :P hahahaha.
    Last edited by KeeFy; 06-10-2011 at 4:11pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a generic one, thought I would get one with an LCD screen with date/time, number of shutters, timed shutters etc. Gave me nothing but trouble. Batteries always going flat and had to use proprietary batteries, like CR2032's or something similar from memory. Went to original Canon and one of the levers to the Canon grip to keep the battery in doesn't catch.

In my opinion, they are both as bad (or good) as each other...

I would agree though that it is a good counterweight and only time I take it off is if I am packing ultra-light.
    Last edited by fynpics; 09-10-2011 at 4:24pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the genuine canon BG for my 7D and it's amazing , the build quality is great & in most cases you get what you pay for so ... It slots into where the battery is and then the battery/ies are placed inside it ... I normally use the 70 - 200 and cause of the weight at the front the battery grip makes it much easier to hold when carrying it around all day !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12