Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: corrupt images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

corrupt images

Some of my images have lines through them,,

I thought it might be the SDcard but I loaded them straight from the camera to my partners computer and they weren't there. So it must be my laptop. I have used windows 7 to import them as well as just copying and pasting them but the result has been the same. Anyone got any ideas on how I can fix this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This happens more often than it should IMHO. The likely culprit is a dodgy USB connection. At least that was what it was when this happened to me. Cheap card readers, or cheap USB hubs are not worth the risk. Do some problem solving with your hardware and see whether you can track it down to a particular piece of hardware. When you have, throw the POS out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    obviously data corruption, and it should not be too hard to track down the culprit, it could well be your harddrive, do you mean you loaded them onto your partners computer and they are there without teh corruption?

I had this happen a few years back, it was a dodgy harddrive, you also have to be carefully that you backup does not get populated by corrupt files too!

here is one, very similiar to yours, that i had.

Some Nikon stuff... gerrys photo journey
    https://plus.google.com/+GerardBlacklock
    No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am wondering if it is my harddrive as I was having a lot of trouble with my laptop crashing and had to reinstall windows a couple of months ago. The USB cord I am using is the one that came with the camera and I'm just plugging it straight into my laptop, used the same cord to load photos onto the other computer and no corrupt images.
    I'll do some more trouble shooting and see if I can isolate it more.