User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Australian Photography Magazine (October 2011)

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Dylan and Marianne. I'm looking forward to reading the article when the mail contractor eventually delivers my copy of the mag. I just looked in the letterbox - not here yet - one of the problems of living in the country
    Cliff
    CC always appreciated
    gear: 7D, 400D, 17-55mm IS, 100mm Macro L IS, 70-300mm DO IS, EF 12II and EF 25II Extension Tubes, 580 EX II Speedlite, Printers - Pro9500 Mk II, MX396
    Tokina 11-16 f2.8, Tamron 18-270, Vanguard AltaPro 263AT Tripod with GH-100 Pistol Grip Ball Head, Benro C-058 Tripod and J-1 Ballhead, Velbon Ultrastick 50LX Monopod
    LR5, PS CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Dylan and Marianne. I am also looking forward to receiving my copy in the mail, generally speaking mine arrives about a week after it hits the newsagency.
    Kassy
    Nikon D700
    CC Welcome and Appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A winner in the Scala competiton, and an even bigger winner here!

Good on you Dylan, and I'm sure that many of us on here, including me, are very envious of your skills.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what I really enjoyed about Dylans article. It didn't have a thousand words of useless information.
    Most magazines tell the reader more about the TOG, and how good they are, than explaining how he took the image.
    Dylan's article gave 4 key ingredients for us amateur to learn how to improve our images.
    1. Location, time of day and effort needed to get to the location.
    2. Planning and preparation.
    3. Camera settings, filters used and other equipment required.
    4. Post production.
    I hope the magazine takes this information in, and get other great TOGs like Dylan to do the same when writing an article.
    Again Dylan. Top stuff.
    Last edited by geoffsta; 30-09-2011 at 4:59pm.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo Hoo!! Congrats! Can't wait to read it ONCE I get it in my mail! ....waiting, waiting, waiting.....
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Dylan, I will have to get a subscription and a back order on this mag as it so hard to get out here..
    Canon 1000D Canon EFS 18-55,Canon EFS 55-200.
    Foto Bestway Carbon Fiber Tripod KJ2 Ball head.
    58mm Circular Polarize.Canon Cable Release,Borrowed :Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM and a 580EX Speedlight.

"Nature does all the work I try to capture it."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/wrxjnr/

Shore Crawler
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone! I hope the magazine reaches you safely - we still haven't got ours from the magazine itself yet - it usually comes a little battered and bruised!
    Geoff - I'm really glad you liked the format - we tried to keep it barebones to keep to the word limit of the article ; I think we're getting used to it too - this one only came back to us once for revisions!
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats mate, I just walked into the newsagent and saw the front cover and knew straight away that it was one of yours, Awesome
    I havent been able to get on here that often due to being busy with work etc and havent had a chance to take the camera out so I feel your pain haha
    Hopefully Nat and I can get out this weekend somewhere with the cameras if this crappy weather "bleep" off!
    Well done
    Regards
    Occifer Nick

Nikon D7000 | Tokina 11-16/2.8 | Cokin P Series 121M Grad | Nikon 60mm 2.8D | Nauticam NA-D7000V underwater housing |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12