User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Does anybody have an understandascope I can borrow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anybody have an understandascope I can borrow?

I am generally (and probably) rightly - prohibited from camera shops, but getting ready for trip to Bali, goodly wife suggested I go to favourite shop on Hutt Street in Adelaide to get a good camera bag. What a great idea I thought - as my regualr camera bag is luggable, so really needed something more amenable for trekking about. So gleefully got another Lowepro back pack, small and had pouch for Ipad and looked great. Showed wife how things would fit..but no! "Just take that small camera, the rest of the compartments are for the kid's drink bottles and snacks".....
    Berni

""The most important piece of camera equipment you will ever own sits between your ears...."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can sympathise.
    Peter.

Some of my photo's are at www.peterking.id.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    understand a woman good luck with that . (joking girls)
    Wayne

Canon 7D and stuff
    Olympus OMD - EM10

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34371137@N03/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haventgotahope's are generally free. If you try to add a "ineeda" and a "Shewantza" you might get a "Harvachance".
    Even if you try a "Hunny-I-wonna". you still end up with a "Bucklees"
    Last edited by geoffsta; 30-09-2011 at 7:48am.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hearing you mate - going through a similar situation with regards to my lens collection....

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell her it's a special camera bag and it has chemicals in the lining to help keep camera gear dry and safe and they are toxic to food and drinks.

Use the untechbsometre for this.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever I want to buy myself a new toy, the boss always calls out to her favourite ancestor Emma....as in Emma Chissett. Apparently I am then required to state the lowest price while the boss consults telepathically with the aforementioned Ms Chissett, before refusing the request.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sighs* boys boys boys.. this is why I'm the minister of finances in my house hehe.. good luck Bercy!!
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With regards to Emma Chisset - I've discovered a new tactic. Eg lenses - in my case I'm looking at a $500 lens. I show her a few $2000-3000 lenses, and when she shrieks at the price I say, "I know, but they'd take great photos!"
    Few days/a week later the $500 lens pops up on special at Adorama or somewhere - job done!

Perpetually Bewildered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few years ago I casually mentioned to my wife that I had just bought a cheap case of wine. She responded by saying that now I'm in my 50's I shouldn't be bothering with cheap wine any more and should be buying the better stuff (which of course she would also be drinking). I didn't check with her, but I assume she would want this philosophy to apply to all purchases, including camera gear . I have assumed correctly here haven't I?

She is somehow under the impression that most things photographic cost "a few hundred bucks" .

Good luck with it Berni...

Cheers.
    Last edited by fillum; 30-09-2011 at 1:29pm.
    Phil.

Some Nikon stuff. I shoot Mirrorless and Mirrorlessless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you need a lot more lateral thinking.

Earlier this year I photographed and published a cookbook for my Mother-in-Laws 90th Birthday. That justified a Tamron 90 f2.8 macro and a 50 f1.4 to replace the 50 f1.8. The book was a hit so I got sigma 120-400 as a reward.

My wife has organised the local communities Carols by Candlelight for the past 4 years on behalf of the Lions club and is doing it again this year. I'm the bunny that has to write most of the letters and find where she's put various files on the computer (frequently). So I can do a better job with the official photos on the night I'm currently waiting for a Tamron 70-200 f2.8 to arrive.

However it can come back to bite you. When we were updating the specified items in our home & contents insurance last year, and she saw what my gear was worth she went out & bought a new car - change over $17,000

In short - you can't win, but can you afford to try
    Last edited by Boo53; 30-09-2011 at 2:21pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove the batteries from the small camera, put in a dud card and tell her it's out of action and there is no time to go and get it fixed, THEN you can take your SLR on the trip.
    Do this the day, or even the morning before you leave.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Explain to her that you will take the small camera if she will take one pair of undies for the whole trip. That way you will both be happy for the same length of time!