User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Help - Good Photo Locations near Cairns...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help - Good Photo Locations near Cairns...

I'll be staying in Cairns for about a week soon and was wondering if people had any recommendations for some good locations I might consider taking photographs at. I'll be with my family and we'll be doing the normal touristy thing as well so I'm not going to be able to just run off for days and shoot, however if there are places which are either quick to get to from Cairns/Trinity Beach (so I might go myself) or also suitable for the kids to be entertained for a while as well. FYI: I'll also have a car for the week.

Some I'm already aware of include (but if you have any specific location advice (e.g. park at XX and go the the YY at dawn, etc) at that location I'd be happy to hear it):
    • Cairns Esplanade
    • Cairns Botanical Gardens
    • Trinity Inlet
    • Mossman Gorge
    • Crystal Cascades
    • Daintree
    • Cape Tribulation (I assume this is probably a full day trip from Cairns - any specific places the whole family could easily get to and have fun?)
    • Atherton Tablelands (again a day trip?)
    D7000, D90, 18-200/3.5-5.6, Tamron 90/2.8 Macro, Sigma 8-16/4.5-5.6, 70-300/4.5-5.6, Sigma 50/1.4, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Tokina 12-24/4, Sigma 50-500 OS, SB-900, SB-600, Sirui N2204+K20x, Manfrotto 190+488, Benro MC-91+BH-1
    Rodney - My Photo Blog
    Want: RRS Ball Head

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regards
    John
    Nikon D750, Sigma 105mm OS Macro, Tokina 16-28 F2.8, Sigma 24-105 Art, Sigma 150-600C,
    Benro Tripod and Monopod with Arca plates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have 2 more suggestions
    The first to try is Paronella Park located at Mena Creek, it's just an hour & a half drive south of Cairns but it's worth it for the photography ..... Also the Tablelands waterfall drive loop is brilliant -again, it's a day trip on it's own but great for the photography.
    Hope to see some of your photos
    Renee
    ~~~~~~~~
    "never take life too seriously .... there's too much fun to be had (while you're planning to do sensible things with you life)"
    www.majickstudio.com
    Gear: Canon 5DmkII ~ 24-70 f/2.8 L ~ 70-200 f/2.8 L II ~ Battery-grip ~ Canon Powershot SX20IS ~ CS5 & LR 2 ~ etc. etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stony creek in cairns has some great spots - a lot less people than crystal cascades too

behana gorge, josephine falls and the boulders are on the drive to paronella park if you are driving down

palmerston section of wooranooran national park has some great waterfalls close to the hiway and a canopy boardwalk, links in nicely with the millaa millaa falls circuit and the curtain fig tree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry, just realised how old this thread was