Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Brisbane Waterfalls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brisbane Waterfalls

Hello All,

Just wondering if you could give me the names and locations of any decent waterfalls in the Brisbane and surrounding regions.

Thanks, Brenton
    Canon 60D with 18-135mm & 50mm F1.8 II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For my money I think O’Reilly’s situated in the Lamington National Park has some of the best waterfalls for photographing along with a diverse range of photographic rainforest, bush land, fungi, flowers and wildlife. Well worth a long full day or even a weekend away in the mountains behind the Gold Coast.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queen Mary Falls, out on the other side of the range near Killarney are pretty awesome too!! Curtis falls at mt tamborine, ummm there are more but I can't think of them right now lol
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

dieselpower
    Kondalilla Falls at Montville, Mapleton Falls, Serenity Falls at Buderim - just a couple on the Sunshine Coast. Kondalilla is probably the pick of them but you'll need some degree of fitness as it's a fair hike to the bottom
    Last edited by dieselpower; 26-09-2011 at 6:35pm.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curtis Falls at Tambourine National Park..

Its been dry for a while so maybe the waterfalls are not flowing like they would be in the Wet season

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Purlingbrook Falls at Springbrook is interesting and also Natural Arch is well worth a look.

Regards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have lived in Brisbane for over 17 years now and only knew of one of these waterfalls. Having only just joined this group, I think I am going to enjoy the fantastic resource it offers. I look forward to visiting all of these waterfalls for pics over the coming weeks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second Natural Arch and Purlingbrook Falls at Springbrook. If I remember correctly (it's been a while since I was there) there's also a circular walk at Springbrook starting at Canyon Lookout which incorporates several waterfalls along it's path. One (can't remember which one) you actually walk behind the falls, it's quite a long walk though. If you check the www.derm.qld.gov.au you can access a list of National Parks around Brisbane and QLD with a brief description and walking maps showing waterfalls.

There's also a waterfall at Buderim Forest Park, think its the Serenity Falls mentioned by Dieselpower, although when I was there it hadn't rained for some time so there wasn't lots of water running www.buderim.com/forest.htm. I've seen some nice photos of them when they're running.

Top of my "to do" list of waterfalls is Elabana Falls from O'Reilly's - I've seen some lovely photos of them.

Raining today, so they might be starting to run (or fall ) soon.

Have fun!
    Last edited by calloyd; 07-12-2011 at 2:19pm. Reason: can't spell!
    Carole

Canon 550D|Canon 15-85mm|Canon 70-300mm|Canon 100mm f2.8 macro|50mm f1.8 II|
    Sony NEX 6|Sony 16-50mm| Sony 55-210mm|Sony RX100
    www.carolelloydphotography.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As has been mentioned - Kondalilla Falls NP is a great resource. It actually contains a sequence of 3 Waterfalls, split about 1 km apart. Its a bit of a walk, so try to be as economical as possible Re: Equipment. The First water fall is quite good in that you actually walk across the front of it, allowing quite good shots with smallish gear, eg. 28mm. The second actually drops onto a Waterhole Pool kind of area, and then the third is about a 60m drop to the bottom. The track to the bottom one can be a bit dodgy and if its been wet/stormy is often closed, but well worth the couple of hours trek round trip. To get a good shot of the bottom one you have to get your feet a little wet or do some rock scrambling but it can be a good pay off. I have visited during both Drought and Rain Season and it seems to run pretty solid in most weather.

I am only new to this forum so haven't quite worked out the whole image uploading thing, otherwise I would pop in some pics of the 3 of them.

Cheers,

Ross...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Natural Arch and Curtis falls are easily accesible too.
    Fred
    D600, D300, D5100, F100
    Sigma 50mm f/1.4; Sigma 24-70 f/2.8; Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8; Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 VR.
    3 X Nikon SB-700 Speedlights; Battery Grip; Manfrotto 679B Monopod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy to access waterfall at Buderim Forest Park on the Sunshine coast.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is this little falls behind the Bornhoffen PCYC just down the road from the natural arch NP: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidca...in/photostream
    Last edited by dacar; 05-07-2012 at 8:07pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my backyard after about 3 inches of rain, followed by a tranquil flow through the garage, gotta get that fixed
    I've done so many things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting. ~Moe, The Simpsons

http://Grae-and-co-images.com/

canon 5dmk 2, some lenses, a couple of sticks to hold them up, a thing that make sun at night, and a sense of adventure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post
    Kondalilla Falls at Montville, Mapleton Falls, Serenity Falls at Buderim - just a couple on the Sunshine Coast. Kondalilla is probably the pick of them but you'll need some degree of fitness as it's a fair hike to the bottom
    Second Kondalilla, very nice place http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au...cuit/index.cfm
    "I really need to spend more time experimenting with photography."
    Canon EOS 1000D with lens kit | EFS 18-55mm | EF 75-300mm |

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Birth Certificate shows that we were born.
    A Death Certificate shows that we died.
    Pictures show that we lived!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/knumbnutz/
    http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/neilmorgan