User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: "Editing Images"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Editing Images"

Hi guys, Silly question time , I just uploaded an Image and noticed after as usual, A big Dust Bunny , Is there any way we can replace an uploaded image, Rather than Post an Edited version ?
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No.

We used to allow it, but it caused a big issue when a member had several replies to a photo, then changed the photo. The member had in good faith critiqued a photo well, but not the photo everyone could see, and it caused a bit of a problem, where people were questioning why others had made comments. When in fact the change of photo was the cause of the issues.

So we now lock photos and the only way is to post a new version in the thread..or report the thread, get us to remove it, and start afresh completely
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As usual , It only takes one to spoil it I was actually thinking of the upload bandwidth thing , And saving on useage for the site

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    As usual , It only takes one to spoil it I was actually thinking of the upload bandwidth thing , And saving on useage for the site
    All good in that regard. I have 1050GB of bandwidth a month paid for, which we usually use about 1/4 to 1/3rd of. Plenty of room for the site to grow without having to worry about it every month.