I have set up my photowalk - it would have been much sooner but somehow my first try 2 weeks ago didn't work and I only realised just in time to re-register!

Details and sign up here.
See my map from Google earth (below) with all the points marked (just as a guide)

2011 scott kelby photowalk map.jpg

and then check the area on Google maps.

For more details on what is available photographically, please see A Photographer's Guide to Fingal Head. Meet up is 4.45 AM and we will start out for the lighthouse at 5am on the dot, sunrise is 5.38am and it is a stiff walk and you need time to get set up beforehand. There is also the option to go down to the beach and catch the early light on the rock formations and surfers as the morning goes on.

If any participants would like to meet at the end of Fingal Spit, to catch the sun coming up with the sand pumping jetty in the foreground, this will be marked on the map. After sunup, at approx 7am, those who wish to can drive to the end of the spit for shots of the sand pumping jetty, possibly trawlers coming in over the bar (although they may not be out on a Sunday) and surfers. Those who don’t wish to go the extra distance will have plenty of opportunities with surfers, scenery and birds to enjoy around the lighthouse area.

Bring your breakfast, we will meet at the picnic area at 9-9.15am, this site has BBQs and there is a lagoon adjacent lagoon with waterbirds incl. white faced herons (see http://www.redbubble.com/people/####...heron-fingal-1). You can also see many other birds incl rosellas in the trees round the picnic area. If anyone wants to buy breakfast there is a cafe when you come down from Lighthouse Parade, the Sheoak Shack, which I understand opens for breakfast.

Look forward to meeting some new faces and touching base with some old friends.