Ok, I've just broken my glasses, and the script is also so old as to no longer really work for me, so new glasses are on the top of the priority list.
I currently wear multi-focal lenses. The optometrist years ago when I had this pair made, set the middle of the lens for about computer monitor distance due to my job and my use of my spare time, she then set the bottom portion for reading, and top for long -distance etc.

Now that I'm getting back into photography, I"m not sure how this will affect my distinct preference for using the viewfinder over the rear monitor.
I'm assuming if I liked the monitor, then I'd almost need to consider the reading section of the glasses lens for taking photos as it would be most like "reading" to view the very small image on a very close up LCD screen. Whereas using the viewfinder I'm not sure if I should be using the distance portion of my specs, or the reading section, or the middle distance section, and whether I need the optometrist to take this into account when making up the new script and where on the specs they put the specific lens strengths.

How do other spectacle wearers manage and how have they set up their glasses.