I've been away on holidays and come back with about 32 GIG of images and movies.

Some RAW/JPG but mostly just JPG. Then there are the movies.

I did a few "Panorama" shots - lots of stitching there.

Some HDR shots.

Anyway, I need help.

The movies taken with the Nikon "Point 'n' shoot" camera I down converted to PAL WIDESCREEN ok. I think they were taken in 1080P mode.

My PVR plays them back in native mode ok, but for the sake of allowing me to send some on to other people I am down converting them.

Anyway, the Nikon ones are ok.

The movies taken on the Canon 550D, well: They are another story. They just won't load.

I am using AVIDEMUX to downconvert them, and I see some weird things:

Both movies from both cameras I get a message saying they are "Synced on the B frame, which will cause stuttery playback" - which the Canon ones exhibit on the PVR. The Nikon ones are ok. Though in some long ones I lose sync on the audio and have to rewind and bit and start playing again to regain sync.

Why would both cameras use B frame sync if it has such inherant problems? Just wondering.

But my main question is what "format" are the Canon ones in? They are wrapped in .MVI wrappers, but that is accademic, as I can't find anything to play them.

VLC player has a good go, but stuttery would be an understatement. They are UNWATCHABLE!

Yes, the camera plays them back ok - well I am 99% sure it does. Maybe I should try. The cards are class 4 and above. Some class 10 and some 130+ meg a second. All these specs, sheesh!

Even the short ones won't play back smoothly. My machine is 10+ years old, 2.8 Gig 133 FSB. So downconverting them is probably a must do.

But the PVR side of things.... Well it plays the Nikons perfectly - well appart from the sound 5 minutes into a shot - but the Canon ones from the get go are just unwatchable.

Thoughts?