Thread: Lugarno Lions Spring Festival

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lugarno Lions Spring Festival

Heading out to this tomorrow with camera in hand:
    <http://www.lugarnolions.org.au/spring-festival.html>
    Highlights will be the Classic Car Show and the Show Jumping.

It's been quite a number of weeks (months?) since I've had the opportunity to do some photography!
    --
    Nikon D90
    Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II, Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
    Nikon SB-700 Speedlight
    RRS BH-55 Ballhead & B2 AS II Clamp
    (no legs yet)

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I managed to get there. It was excellent and quite a large fair for a local event. Lots of old cars.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb666 View Post
    I managed to get there. It was excellent and quite a large fair for a local event. Lots of old cars.
    We didn't get there until a little later, unfortunately. My wife's niece called just as we were headed out, so we had to take a detour to pick her up. I would've liked to have a go at taking some photos of the cars earlier on.

Funnily enough I saw someone taking photos later on in the day who looked a little like you; knowing you frequent the general area I actually thought it may be you for a second but then I noticed the camera wasn't a DSLR...

Did you get to see the jousting? I thought it may have been a fantastic photo opportunity, but I'm afraid I really didn't like any of the photos I took.

I was quite disappointed by my efforts all-round today, actually. Guess it's just been too long since I picked up the camera. Regardless, I'll see if I can muster up one or two favourites and post them on AP...

Did you take any shots? Would like to see a couple!
    Last edited by tcdev; 18-09-2011 at 11:45pm.

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha ha - was probably me. I had my Olympus E-P3 and just the 12mm lens on board. There were not too many people with cameras around.

I saw the people doing the dress up stuff. I am not sure if they were just finishing or getting ready to start. I left around 2pm.

People shots (OK a 12mm lens is not ideal for this sort of thing even with a 2x crop)

Some car shots

There are a couple more car shots in my 52 and the rest are on flickr.