Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: SDHC Memory Card - HELP!

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SDHC Memory Card - HELP!

I have just bought the SONY DSC-WX10 compact digital camera. I know it needs SD memory cards, but i have no idea what class or speed i should get??? I have started researching & i just keep getting more & more confused. I have also read reviews where other users have got a memory card that isnt fast enough which has slowed down the camera when in use which i also want to avoid. What class & speed of SDHC memory card do u think i need for this camera to be able to use it to its full potential??? Class 4, 6 or 10?? And what speed, 20MB/s, 30MB/s or higher??? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    according to the manual (which I downloaded to check the answers to your questions)

SDxc, SDhc, MS Pro Duo, can all be used. My rule is buy the fastest card you can afford, as the faster it is, the more it can keep up with video recording and primarily, the faster the data can be read off the card and onto the computer for editing.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you soo much for your information, it was a great help! So what does the speed in MB/s of a memory card mean?? What speed should i be looking at for the Sony WX10?? I have looked at some that are 15MB/s, some are 20MB/s and some are 30MB/s. Would the 15MB/s be ok for the WX10? Or would it be too slow & i should perhaps go for a 20 or 30MB/s? I will be taking some Full HD videos with it, but mostly photos. What speed would you recommend?

Thank you so much again

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go class 10 at 30 mbs if your taking movies.
    Regards
    John
    Nikon D750, Sigma 105mm OS Macro, Tokina 16-28 F2.8, Sigma 24-105 Art, Sigma 150-600C,
    Benro Tripod and Monopod with Arca plates

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree with the above, if you are taking HD movies get the fastest card available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sandisk have some newish ones out, have a look on ebay, got some half price last week