User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drivers Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    amazing photo's!!! These are the shots I could keep coming back to for inspiration!!
    Aaron,

One life, One chance.

Nikon D5100 with 18-55mm & 55-300mm VR lenses & nikon 40mm macro & Nikon 50mm 1.8f, 720nm infrared filter, Macros set, Macros extension tubes, x0.22 Fisheye lens and a Celestron Advanced C8-SGT Telescope and mount with GPS kit.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw thanks, that's awesome

Decided to "shave" my signature ;]
    Now mostly shoots with: Canon 5D MK3 & Canon 24-70 f/2.8/50mm f/1.8 (also have a 550D with a variety of lenses/goodies and a Sony Nex-5N)
    PP with: Lightroom only, Photoshop is merely a 9-5 work tool for me.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gino styling along side his Golf GTI
    Gino is another one of the designers at work who sits next to me. We've been on and off busy for the last couple of weeks, and have finally had time to continue with this project with people at work. He was pretty happy to do it, and knew straight away how he wanted to be with the car!

Adrian on a mission with Gramps the Corona
    Adrian has been a close friend of mine for a long while. He shares a passion for cars, especially with old school Toyotas. The amount of cars he owns is in the double digits, however the amount that are not in pieces is rather limited. This is one of his clean and working cars. A Toyota Corona 2000 running an 18RG motor. It sounds beefy, and is actually a quick car for it's time!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe after battling the twisties in his WRX
    Joseph has always been a great friend of mine. His girlfriend Sarah and him have always been there for me, I had this idea for a photo for a long time, and thought it'd be a great opportunity for him! After we all burned through here (and got stuck behind a driver doing 40 half the way), I jumped in to Joe's car and directed him to a spot to pull over. I wanted to get the trees, a sign and a corner in the shot. There was only a couple of spots available to do this, and one was taken up by some day trippers in 4WDs. So we were lucky!
    I feel as though this shot captures Joe along with his car. A proud guy, paid for with saved up cash, modified with money definitely earned. Joe was awarded Australian Subaru Apprentice of the Year last year! I entrust work done on my car by him and would rather my money go to him than any other general mechanic.
    He is a humble guy, he doesn't talk himself up, he loves those around him, and he goes out of his way (literally, by far standards) to help someone out in need. He isn't putting on an act, he is merely standing there happily along with his car, happy and humble.

Chris with shoes that match his WRX
    Chris is one hell of a character! Acts hardcore, knows most modern dance styles, talks a lot of crap, but definitely knows how to enjoy life. He hasn't had his car long, but has lots of plans for it. He is proud to drive it, he really does love his car. While he was posing all gangster and I was taking this photo, Sarah and Joe were teasing him and giving him a bit like they all usually do to each other. We were all laughing, and so I kept snapping away. Hoping I'll get something of him laughing and enjoying the moment, instead of standing there all straight faced and 'hardcore'. It was something I much preferred, and thought it was more of a "Chris" moment. Instead of trying to appear emotionless and intimidating.

Leon by his Impreza
    I met this guy for the first time on Saturday when out going through the Royal National Park. He works with Joe at Subaru in Narellan and came along with us for the drive. Good friendly kid, still on his P's and eventually wanting a WRX. I don't know much about the guy, but I can tell he has a good side to him. He talks his car down in front of us, but I know he loves it to pieces!

Last edited by Tommo224; 24-10-2011 at 10:34am. Reason: Edited Spacing Between Photos

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really interesting thanks.....loving the series!
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks heaps

High 5 to you! =]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like your idea. Interesting to see how your style is developing as you progress. Keep going.

'Gramps the Corona' a bit of fave at this stage. A good combination of the car and the driver's personality (and no arm folding!).

Let's see something really different now. Go crazy with it.
    Always willing to sacrifice my artistic integrity for cash

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why, but arm folding seems to be the preferred thing haha..

For a couple of my friends, I have ideas that we've come up with. It's just a matter of finding the perfect location for one of them, and having the time for the other one (as we need to set up some things).

Thanks for your feedback

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow it's been a while since I've done anything on this project. I have some more photos to add, but first up the most recent (I'll add the others tonight)

Tristan and his MR2 doing some Urban Exploration
    Tristan and I became friends through cars first, but our friendship developed more when we discovered that we both are in to photography as well. He has a love for "urban exploration" and loves to try and discover what he can, and what we other folk often miss in our own suburbs. We had always wanted to bring a vehicle in to this particular spot, and one evening we managed to as there were no longer any obstacles around to stop this.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Linda (mum!) and her BMW F800R
    Mum has gone through two bikes now, and has settled on a bright orange BMW F800R. Due to both of my parents being in to bikes, it let's me get away with spending on fast cars! Hooray! Mum has always supported me through absolutely everything, just like my father, they both support me through all the smart and very stupid decisions I make. And because of that, I can only respect them for letting me make the mistakes I have, and still be there for me. Mum discovered this passion for riding along with my dad, and together they have so much fun and go on many adventures! Helping to drive my sense of adventure too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12