User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Wildlife photography excursions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wildlife photography excursions.

Would there be a demand from photographers interested in bird and wildlife photography.

To be able to go to a venue that is on private property in the country, and be guided by a person
    with experience in nature photography.

Be in small groups,and have lunch and afternoon tea provided.

Interested in what photographers would think of such a field trip.

(Worded in tutonic fashion as not to offend moderators)
    Canon 50D and 450D - Canon 10-22 F3.5-5.6, 17-55 F2.8 L, 70-200 F2.8 L, 400 prime F5.6 L, 60mm F2.8 macro, EX 430 Flash,and all sorts of other bits and pieces

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fairy bombs View Post
    Would there be a demand from photographers interested in bird and wildlife photography.

To be able to go to a venue that is on private property in the country, and be guided by a person
    with experience in nature photography.

Be in small groups,and have lunch and afternoon tea provided.

Interested in what photographers would think of such a field trip.

(Worded in tutonic fashion as not to offend moderators)
    It wasn't about offending is, but rather about being within the site rules. Takes more than that to offend us.

Tours etc need three thongs. Value for money, experienced guides who know their job, are helpful and knowledgeable, and advertising/marketing to get the name out there.

If you have the skills for all of the above, then a well run guiding tour should be a boon. I reckon marketing to not just photographers, but bird watchers as well to increase your exposure and market would be good
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a couple of guys in Brisbane doing just that
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there would be a substantial market, I know I would be interested in learning how to take decent bird shots and have someone take me to a place where I could find a good variety as well.

As well as expertise in birding and photography you'll need to do something about transport and probably catering. Even if only a 1 day thing clients will expect lunch/snacks, etc; and that could have its own special requirements depending on your states Health Act.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo53 View Post
    I think there would be a substantial market, I know I would be interested in learning how to take decent bird shots and have someone take me to a place where I could find a good variety as well.

As well as expertise in birding and photography you'll need to do something about transport and probably catering. Even if only a 1 day thing clients will expect lunch/snacks, etc; and that could have its own special requirements depending on your states Health Act.
    Thanks John

The first part of your reply is the type of information I am looking for.The second part is not a issue-I cannot say why as it may be considered advertising-Thanks