Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Refilling Printer cartridges

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refilling Printer cartridges

I am interested to hear from anyone who has refilled their printer cartridges through *removed - members with less than 50 posts cannot post about commercial companies*... I have always used Epson cartridges for my RX 650 printer, but have found them pretty expensive.*removed - members with less than 50 posts cannot post about commercial companies* appear much cheaper to refill rather than buying new cartridges. I have heard a number of general reports on refilling, many of which report problems.
    A new branch has opened near me and as far as location is concerned, it is very convenient. I do however still have concerns about using refilled cartridges.
    Any comments would be appreciated.
    Last edited by ricktas; 10-09-2011 at 3:44pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've given up on refilling cartridges or using third-party cartridges for my inkjet printer, as I find that non-genuine ink tends to dry in the heads and clogs them up.

I just buy genuine cartridges, despite the hit to the hip pocket.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with mpot. Bought generic ones, once, and found the colours were slightly off. Went back to genuine and haven't tried others again
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a couple of cheap canon printers at the office that I use re-filled cartridges for, but for the epson 1400 I only use genuine as its not worth the compromise on quality at this end

Formerly : Apollo62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was given some cheap cartridges once which promptly turned everything pink when I printed with them. I will never use them again. The genuine cartridges may be expensive but they have never let me down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After seeing so many printers destroyed using refilled and generic cartridges I refuse to use them.
    If you don't want to pay for genuine cartridges then go to a print lab. Much cheaper anyway.
    Peter.

Some of my photo's are at www.peterking.id.au

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been refilling my canon cartridges for over 10 years with no problems, I have refilled both genuine and generic cartridges. I have friends that only ever used genuine cartridges and the print head life has been about the same. reguarding colour matching, I only had to play with the colour settings on oneprinter and that was an old BJC 3000, I have not had any problems with the ip 5000/4000 series printers. When the print head dies it is cheeper to get a new printer than another print head. I have been getting all my supplies from here for nearly 10 years.
    Keith.
    Keith

Canon 400D Gripped, Canon 7D LCD Timer Gripped, Canon 70-200 f2.8L is ii. Canon 2X iii Extender, Canon 50mm 1.8, Sigma 150-500, Sigma 18-250, Sigma 17-50 F2.8, Sigma 10-20, Tamron 90mm Macro, Yonguno YN460 & 460ii Speedlights and a Hanimax TZ 1 Flash, Wireless Triggers ,LED Macro Ringlight, Extension Tubes, 3 tripods, 2 monopods, PS Elements 5 & 10, PSP9 and canon s/ware, various filters and other photographic paraphernalia all packed in a computrecker backpack. NEW:- Panasonic GX8, 45-150, 14mm F2.5. PSE 2018.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    once your print head is toast from using non- genuine you'll never use them again. Never had any problems with gen but non.... don't get me started. These days I buy all my ink from my local nextra who supplies them cheaper than anywhere else offline. Picking up my photo paper today which is $8 cheaper a packet than the discount photo supply shop. If you want a deal you only have to ask
    You can call me Jez