User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: The Pen Series - questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Pen Series - questions

I have just purchased an E-PL1 whilst shopping around for a point and shoot. I think it was an okay deal - last in store and reduced to clear. I havent given much thought to the Pen range being that the price was out of my spending limit until now, but I'm very happy I did.

I'm trying to find out some info now about accessories or things that can be used from the normal Oly SLR range. Thankfully the E-PL1 has inbult flash, but I also have a hotshoe flash i could use but I dont think it'd balance very well on such a small body

The camera came with a micro 14-42mm. From what i can see searching the net you can attach the normal size zuiko lenses but you need an adaptor? Is that right?

Is there a reputable shop or brand adaptors that do the job?

Are there any other things you find work well or are worth investing in with the Pen series cameras?
    Olympus bodies: E330 & the E3. Lenses: Zuiko 12-60mm, 50-200mm. Sigma 105mm. Extras: EX25, FL36R, FL50R and a few odds and ends

"A stranger is just a friend you don't know yet!" ~ Billy Connelly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 lens was my fave, great colours and sharpness and better overall than the Oly 17mm f2.8 lens I currently have.

you will need the corresponding adapters for diff types of lens mounts for the PEN. Before I lost my EP1 I was able to use old Nikkor manual lenses which were good for filming, as well as Canon EF lenses and Sigma too with the EF adapter. Using a 70-200 f2.8 IS with a 580EXII flash and the EP1 PEN was quite funny.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol I do believe you would lose the camera body in amongst all that lens and flash with that combo!

I think I'll have to start searching for an adaptor. I'm going to keep with the idea of getting a smaller camera to make it easier to carry when i'm out and about so the 14-42mm is perfect. But at home or somewhere local where i'm wanting to get creative I'll want to put one of my other lenses on it

It's been about 5 years since i had a camera with video, will be fun to use again!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah no doubt mate, when I was traveling with it - the ability to take great shots in RAW, and switching to filming in HD was very fast and the small size made it a joy to carry. Compared to the days when I had to juggle a camcorder and camera separately, or a 5D2 with lenses - made life so much easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep the 4/3 adapter to micro 4/3 will let you use the zuiko lenses, it's expensive though, I found bh photo in us cheapest. The pana 45-200 I one to look at, I liked it when I had it
    Oly e500 zd14-54 zd70-300
    35-70/4 70-210/4 (leftover from old camera )

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm finding that's correct! lol Quite a few expensive ones out there I've never used generic adaptors so I dont even know if they're worth looking into? or whether there are any reptuable ones?

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've adapted a broad range of lenses to my ep2. haven't got all the pics up yet, but take a look at the so far site. i went from rollei's and a nikon F for my 35mm stuff, right into a m4/3. don't feel I need to extend capability at all, now it's just sourcing lenses. as I acquire other lenses, I place them on the site. http://ericimbs.weebly.com/index.html

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh Ive come across 2 of your photos on here already - the 2 of the little girl, very impressive photos!

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Wulfy

Have a sqwiz at these sites - may give you some possibilities...
    http://www.cameraquest.com/adp_micro_43.htm
    http://au.pricedumper.com/3+4+lens+adapter
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...pters&pn=2&N=0

Regards, Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/