Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: The Day Before September 11

Ausphotography Regular wideangle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Day Before September 11

I found this very interesting post on the ABC website, it shows a number of people's photographs taken the day before the September 11 attacks and their experiences of the event.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-0...photos/2870854
    Last edited by wideangle; 08-09-2011 at 12:23pm.
    please ask before PP my images

"Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember that morning =/ I was still in high school, year 9! Woke up to all of that on the news, I thought it was a movie playing. By the time I was awake and watching it, it was after the towers had fallen. It was footage of the smoke and dust everywhere, the papers flying around, the alarms on the firemen's jackets so they can be found in the smoke, the repeat footage of the towers being hit..

Sigh I've watched so many conspiracy theory videos as well haha.

Decided to "shave" my signature ;]
    Now mostly shoots with: Canon 5D MK3 & Canon 24-70 f/2.8/50mm f/1.8 (also have a 550D with a variety of lenses/goodies and a Sony Nex-5N)
    PP with: Lightroom only, Photoshop is merely a 9-5 work tool for me.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose that is like our JFK moment, everyone who was alive then remembers where they were. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was playing pool with a friend and there were TV's on silent in the background. We didn't realise it was the news for a while, it was like a movie and then people started to gather round. We went straight home to see it all unfold. What a terrible day. I can't believe it has been 10 years!
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember that particular day very well indeed.
    It was on the 11th September 2001, that I was carjacked and stabbed in the throat with a sharpened screwdriver!

The carjacker only had the car for 15 minutes before the cops got him and put him away for 12 years.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez Benny - hope you've recovered well...

Sept 11 - I woke up mid afternoon (was living in the UK) after a long night shift and flicked on the telly.. Around 2pm London time. This movie looks ok, but I was after the news... change channels.. same movie.. it is the news.. Oh no..

The following night shift was creepy. The company I worked for had one or two floors in the twin towers. A lot of them used to visit the London office regularly. I knew a few by face but not by name.

Ten years later I'm still doing night shifts, and a lot of things have changed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez Benny! Where did you live??? Sounds like something that would happen here in PNG!!!

I was watching the late news with Sandra Sully when they cut to NYC. Needless to say, I didn't go to bed for hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was on Parramatta Rd in Camperdown, not far from the city.
    Luckily, I wasn't badly injured and I fully recovered as I managed to be pulling away from him.

I hope we never have another 911..........