Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Digi back for Bronica SQ-Ai

Hey guys,

Have been missing my MF Bronica and was thinking of trying to track down a Digi back for it. Anyone got any ideas?
    Just call me Dan
    Facebook Page
    My website
    "Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships. ~Ansel Adams"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its been discontinued for over 5 years already - which is a life time in digital age. The Bronica has never been a real platform for MF digital backs and you need an adapter to fit a back anyway.

you are better off buying a Hasselblad 500C and fitting one, or a newer dedicated platform like a Mamiya 645D, or even a 2nd hand Hasselblad H2D model

cheap and old Phase One & Leaf digital backs go between 5k to 10k on ebay with or without the camera, are u sure that the costs is justified for your usage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of these days I'll either get in trouble for linking like I do or one of these companies will give me a job. I think the range starts at 22MP and go right up through to 80MP. Your MF kit has loads of life left in it yet, and if you choose to sell it I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a buyer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenmars View Post
    One of these days I'll either get in trouble for linking like I do or one of these companies will give me a job. I think the range starts at 22MP and go right up through to 80MP. Your MF kit has loads of life left in it yet, and if you choose to sell it I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a buyer...
    wont be getting much change back from 20 grand on the lowest Leaf backs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could well be right on the money with that statement, I have no idea what the MSRP is and I probably don't want to know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what a digital back and adaptor will cost you, you might as well just buy a new Hasselblad, or the Pentax large format digital cameras and get all the new whizz bang features, and then you will have a camera that is made for digital photography rather than an old, botched-up set-up.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the info guys, it wasnt a matter of being able to make money from it, more out of interest. I will hang onto the gear, the lenses are timeless and maybe one day lol